Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i'm a total newb here so please let me know if I am posting in the wrong place.

Microsoft Live is trying to get a hitcount and users to compete with Google, so they are running a pretty impressive ad campaign. Basicially, do a search on Live.com for the following terms, D80, Wii, Ipod etc and look at the sponsored links to see "get 25% cash back if you pay via paypal" Click on the link, it will guide you to Ebay, search for what you want(MUST be a buy it now and must be paid for via paypal) and at the payment section, the MS Live will kick in with the cash back to be redeemed in 60 days. Here is a link for more detail

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/838081/?start=5440

I am in no way affiliated, make money etc off this, but wanted to pass the deal on. Can only be used 3 times per user account. I just got a 2005 Felt F70 for $499 BIN and after the cash back will be out of pocket $375!!

Suuuweeet!

Maybe i'll think about buying one of those motobecane bikes to part out...at 25% off...lol

The percent back fluctuates from 10%-25%, so the percent may change and MS and Ebay can change the offer...so act fast.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The 1% is if you go though fatwallet directly. Fatwallet link is for reference, detailed instructions and other user experience.

Go to live.com
Search for "d80"
at the top of the page, you will see a link for "get 25% if paypal eligible.
Click on link, and it redirects you to ebay, search for what you need with buy it now, make purchase, pay for item and bammo, cash back in 60 days. You mush make purchase in 1hr after hitting the cash back link.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,352 Posts
It's a sad thing when your (Micro$h*t) search engine sucks so BAD that you have to pay peoples Ebaying habit to get them to use it :)

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,352 Posts
Tucsonrider said:
Bought two sets of Michelin tires, "qualify" for $35 refund.
But so far, I haven't benn able to register for the "Live" account which is a condition of receiving the refund.

Nice job, MS
Go figure....M*cro$uck makes big promises...do the advertising...make noise about something...and then end up screwing the poooch on the important part---so atypical :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tucsonrider said:
Bought two sets of Michelin tires, "qualify" for $35 refund.
But so far, I haven't benn able to register for the "Live" account which is a condition of receiving the refund.

Nice job, MS

You have to use IE to register.
They are blocking registration if you use FF or Safari...

Hope they 35% discount is coming back, but 25% is not bad.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
I've used this twice so far-- once on a pair of giordana tenax bibs, which will end up costing me $81 w/ shipping when I get cashback & the other on a garneau carbon ion jersey which will end costing about $50 after cashback.

btw- to get the link, go to live.com and type in something you know will come up on ebay (I use "ax lightness"), click on that link and then look for what you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.