Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any Dem beat W? I need to know. I can't take another 4 yrs of him and I need to know who to vote for in the PA primary :eek: Really, I mainly lurk here for the entertainment but I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about this. The one that I know COULDN'T have is about bust(Dean) thank God, so who will it be? Kerry? Edwards? Clark?

·
The web is a MUT
1,373 Posts
you know you want to, just go ahead and do it

go ahead and vote for GWB. Deep down inside you know you really really want to. Go ahead, admit it, 4 more years is all it will be. Go vote, then ride and forget all about it. In four years then there will be fresh faces on both sides to choose from. Trust me, this is the better way, would I lie about something like that? Nah, never, vote Bush, trust me, it's all good.

Okay, now give me 18 seconds to put on the Nomex suit befor y'all start up with the flaming. 3....2....1.....okay, all set, and disappearing for a bit until the dust settles. ;)

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
You and your buddy indeed. You sound like a football fan chanting "We won" in the parking lot as he strains to catch a glimpse of "his" team driving off in their Escalades.

Pathetic.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Pat Robertson

OldPat, who has been sounding a lot like OldEd recently, made a damn good point last night. He doesn't expect Kerry to surrender any of the states that went for Gore, so all Kerry needs from a v.p. is concrete delivery of one state.

Is there somebody out there who can bring home Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, West Virginny or Florida? I wish it was Bill Richardson, but we've already got his state.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Al Sharpton can beat Bush

Kram59 said:
Can any Dem beat W? I need to know. I can't take another 4 yrs of him and I need to know who to vote for in the PA primary :eek: Really, I mainly lurk here for the entertainment but I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about this. The one that I know COULDN'T have is about bust(Dean) thank God, so who will it be? Kerry? Edwards? Clark?
Al is a Dem that can beat Bush. He'll beat him with the ugly stick for sure.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd pay good $$ to see that!

:D :D :D :D :D (My message was too short, so there, 5 characters!)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Kram59 said:
I hope for all of our sakes that a dem can beat W in the upcoming election. Heck Gore even almost beat him and I think Kerry is at least as electable (or nonelectable as you see it) as Gore. My guess is the ticket will be Kerry/Edwards. It all depends on whether GWB can continue to get people behind his mideast policy (or lack thereof) and can still manage to rationalize his continuing economic policies even though the country seems to be heading towards more unemployment, higher deficits, and a basically depressed economy.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,288 Posts
The floor has fallen out from under bush's support from indies

In the past 6 weeks support for Bush personally, as a leader, and on all of his policies has fallen away for "independant" voters, or so many polls have shown. The hard right does not like some things he has done, but they will vote for him. The hard left is ticked off and will vote against him. The middle, that was supporting him, has melted away.

So yes, a democrat can beat him. But just as I said months ago when Bush looked unbeatable, there is still a lot of time left, and a lot of things can change.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
OldPat, who has been sounding a lot like OldEd recently, made a damn good point last night. He doesn't expect Kerry to surrender any of the states that went for Gore, so all Kerry needs from a v.p. is concrete delivery of one state.

Is there somebody out there who can bring home Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, West Virginny or Florida? I wish it was Bill Richardson, but we've already got his state.
Using that same logic, would Gore have won if he had picked a better/different running mate? I assume he didn't need Lieberman to deliver Connecticut.

·
Registered
35 Posts
just keep in mind that at this time in gb1 vs clinton, dole vs clinton and gwb vs gore et al, there were wild swings which turned out to be wrong.

·
The web is a MUT
1,373 Posts
"or so many polls have shown"

You have to be very carefull with polls. Right now the Democrats are running in primaries, the Republicans are not, therefore the Democrats have the public ear via active nightly press coverage, and there is little chance of rebuttles in the press from opposing viewpoints. So of course if all you hear is one side of an argument and the only people you hear arguing are all on the basically same side, then you'll probably tell some pollster that you're more interested in one Dem over another Dem as opposed to being in favor of neither due to simply thinking that the pollster is asking a Dem only question and not a Rep inclusive question. Without knowing the poll questions or formats or data collection methods utilized, without knowing all that then the polls themselves become meaningless. And as such I tend to heavily discount anything that is poll related.
Statistically speaking, based upon a local poll of one, with a 95% accuracy, I believe my statement to be true.

Trust me. ;)

·
pack fodder
442 Posts
At this point back in '96, Bob Dole was leading Bill Clinton in some polls, so I wouldn't put much credence in any poll at this time.

The opposition party always gets the bulk of the early attention since they're the ones garnering much of the attention in the press & over the airwaves. Kerry really hasn't faced much scrutiny ... yet, and if he's the nominee, he will. Despite his slip&fall ... I mean trial lawyer affiliations, I believe John Edwards would be the toughest Dem candidate for GWB to face. He's youthful, energetic, comes across as having that "vision thing" (whether he does or not is another matter), among other reasons, i.e., almost Clinton-esque. Unless Kerry's people tell Ted Kennedy to move into the shadows of the campaign, I can just see the ads the RNC will run now (we'll probably see them regardless).

It's a long road from now 'til November.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
dammit, czar

czardonic said:
You and your buddy indeed. You sound like a football fan chanting "We won" in the parking lot as he strains to catch a glimpse of "his" team driving off in their Escalades.

Pathetic.
I think I agree with you again, re: the team thing. It astounds me how people cheer for "their" team, when they have no ownership interest in it, reap no profit from it, and cheer for people who are not from the city where the team resides. Mercenaries, all of them. Sold to the highest bidder. And I shudder every time I hear some African American athlete being described as "owned" by someone. I guess we haven't really progressed too far, have we?

Note the lack of sarcasm tags. I am dead serious about this.

$$

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Money, remember that a lot of the stadiums these teams play in are tax-payer funded so people do have an interest in the team.

Regarding the owning of players - you should check out the European soccer leagues where teams buy and sell players (they don't trade). You'll get a headline like Zidane sold for 30 million pounds I've never heard of anyone in Europe thinking this as distasteful though.

What was this thread about again?

·
Registered
251 Posts
We'll find out. Don't worry about it.

If we're lucky, Bush will get another term. Whether or not you choose to see it or understand it, we're all lucky to have the current President.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Troyboy said:
If we're lucky, Bush will get another term. Whether or not you choose to see it or understand it, we're all lucky to have the current President.
With reasoning and blind faith like that I guess I'll have to concede defeat now. Any particular reason for your views or would you support anyone who was Republican regardless of how awful or misguided they were?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.