Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mid 80's Nishiki w/ Tange 2 tubing, lugged and in very good condition. Made in Japan. A few scratches and 1 spot of surface rust under the seatbolt (outside). I used it for my rain/commuting/oops the Look's got a flat bike. I've cleaned it up and I'll list it on e-bay. Any thoughts on what she's worth? (f/f only).
Thanks

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frame and fork only. It had mid-level suntour indexed shifters (downtube) and biopace chainrings. Sugino crank, diacomp brakes. Here are some pics. I need to clean it up with some goo-gone to get rid of some of the adhesive and tar on it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
$10 - $30

If you can find a buyer at all, remember that the buyer is going to pay the shipping.

·
Bike Dude
986 Posts
Still has a lot of life left

Wipe this frame down with a mild degreaser, polish with Lemon Pledge furniture polish and ride this sweet frame. Nice looking frame. Build her and ride her.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm cleaning my stuff out. She was built up. You're right; it is a sweet riding frame. I used to get many compliments on it. I just have too many bikes right now. I'll e-bay it and see what happens.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It ain't a bad looker, and that might be an angle, but really...

few Japanese frames have much of a resale these days. Even the so-called "notable" ones aren't all that good (eg-Bridgestone), and the tubing was mostly overweight and underperforming. Ebay will give you exposure to a wide range of tastes and preferences, maybe the color and the named frame shop will ring somebody's bell.

Kram59 said:
I have a mid 80's Nishiki w/ Tange 2 tubing, lugged and in very good condition. Made in Japan. A few scratches and 1 spot of surface rust under the seatbolt (outside). I used it for my rain/commuting/oops the Look's got a flat bike. I've cleaned it up and I'll list it on e-bay. Any thoughts on what she's worth? (f/f only).
Thanks

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
What size is the frame?

My girlfriend wants me to build up a bike for her, and if that thing is around a 54-56, you might have a buyer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Doctor Who said:
What size is the frame?

My girlfriend wants me to build up a bike for her, and if that thing is around a 54-56, you might have a buyer.
your girlfriend is tall - I'm intimidated ;)

- Joel

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
tomacropod said:
your girlfriend is tall - I'm intimidated ;)

- Joel
Yes, she is. I'm right at 6' and she stands at 5'9". She also likes to wear heels... :eek:

She's been tooling around on an antique 63 cm Schwinn that used to be her dad's. She doesn't ride for fitness, but I she wants to start and her current ride is both too huge, too crappy, and too ancient to make it worthwhile. I told her that her bike was designed to fit a 6'6" man and she got into a big huff about it. Apparently, critiquing someone's hand-me-down bike is ill-advised here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
she's probably just defensive and a bit intimidated

For the price of the frame get her to look at it and explain that its better suited to her (don't mention the frame she is riding, after all its her Dad's). While you are at it it get her to look at womens' saddles, she will be happier in the long run.
G

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry! I haven't been here in a while. It's a 58 c-t I think. I have it at home right now and I'm at work. I'll double check it tomorrow and let you know for sure. Chicks dig it. Really. I've had MANY compliments on it when it was built up, especially from wimmin.

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
That's a nice looking frame. The "Handcrafted 100% Cro-Moly" sticker and the semi-sloping crown hint that this was a pretty serious frame. You might want to post your question on:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bicycle_Restoration

before you put it up on eBay with a low-ball opening bid.

If you do put it up on eBay, let me know the auction number and I will cross post it to some sites with folks who might be interested.

Good luck!

FBB

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
I had same bike...

in yellow and black. That would have been around 1991/92. Rode nice but a little flexy in the BB climbing out of the saddle. It was a very nicely finished bike and I enjoyed it for several years.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It just sold for $136 and some change. Not too bad since I bought the whole 'friggin bike for $50! :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I am not OFFICIALLY done with my "down-sizing". Time to build up the '83 Gitane Gran Sport to a fixie and build up my 'cross bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts