Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My back hurts
Joined
·
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached are the only pictures taken with my camera in SD. They were all shot in the space of about 15 minutes on Friday afternoon at a Mexican joint. In the first two shots, Js wearing Big Bill's glasses. He always managed to grab onto someone else's gear and getting it back was a chore. The next day he was coveting my Molteni trainer and managed to squeeze himself into it. It will never be the same.

Next up are Hickey and me and Hickey and Len. Finally, I'm reposting the pic of Js and the waitress. Although some of the dread in her face comes across in the picture, you really had to be there for the full effect. I wish I'd gotten more shots, but with flashes going off about every 15 seconds, it seemed like everyone else had the event covered pretty well.

The rides have been covered pretty well elsewhere. In addition to atp owning Js in the drinking department, Js is now my billiards beeotch. On the few occasions he managed to hold things together to close to the end, he pulled the typical rookie/drunk guy move and scratched on the 8-ball.

I didn't get to spend enough time with Snap or Hickey, with them off doing the Coronado cruise much of the day on Saturday. Len and I got to spend a fair amount of time talking in his room, in Badley's room, and on the rides; he's a hell of a nice and interesting guy. I hope to hook up with him again some day. atp and svend were great hosts. Badley's like a damn mad scientist, with a bag full of homemade meads, ancient scotches and bourbons, and other assorted concoctions. Starliner's a strong rider and dropped an unexpected and much appreciated piece of his artwork on me. Big Bill entertained us with stories of goofy co-workers. Mapei and Sogno are a wonderful couple. Eddy was a trooper, keeping the Js in check. J was on a roll from the moment he set foot on SD soil. I think he had his tongue in everyone's ear before the end of Friday. Finally, a thanks goes out to Gregg for keeping together the site that brought us all together.

It was big fun and I'm looking forward to another gathering soon.
 

·
a jumped up pantry boy
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
in the first picture len seems to be doing a vulgar gesture with his hand/mouth

dave is smaller then i thought, but easily wins the best beard award.

i love your bob marley shirt

the waitress looks like shed rather be anywhere but there, but what comes most clearly through the picture is j's vanishing hair.
 

·
My back hurts
Joined
·
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yarble said:
in the first picture len seems to be doing a vulgar gesture with his hand/mouth

dave is smaller then i thought, but easily wins the best beard award.

i love your bob marley shirt

the waitress looks like shed rather be anywhere but there, but what comes most clearly through the picture is j's vanishing hair.
Yep, Len's all about the vulgarity: constant cussing, berating other RBR members, flipping off people, pinching nipples, etc. Oh, wait, that was the guy next to him.

You're right about Dave. What he likes in physical size he makes up for in facial hair.

Thanks for the shirt compliment. Listen to Bob Marley.

I suppose that's not the most flattering angle of Js head, but flattering angles of Js head are hard to find. ;)
 

·
a jumped up pantry boy
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
mickey-mac said:
Yep, Len's all about the vulgarity: constant cussing, berating other RBR members, flipping off people, pinching nipples, etc. Oh, wait, that was the guy next to him.

You're right about Dave. What he likes in physical size he makes up for in facial hair.

Thanks for the shirt compliment. Listen to Bob Marley.

I suppose that's not the most flattering angle of Js head, but flattering angles of Js head are hard to find. ;)
you know you thought the same thing when you saw lens hand like that with his mouth open.

ps. ive eaten at that mexican place, very very good.
 

·
The Original and The Best
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
mickey-mac said:
Eddy was a trooper, keeping the Js in check. J was on a roll from the moment he set foot on SD soil. I think he had his tongue in everyone's ear before the end of Friday. Finally, a thanks goes out to Gregg for keeping together the site that brought us all together.

It was big fun and I'm looking forward to another gathering soon.
Thanks, Mickey-Mac. It was a tough job, and dangerous, too. ;)

It was great to meet you! You'll be okay. Next time, just keep your clothes on and say, "NO," to J, politely but firmly. Snap turned him down, too. He'll respect you even more in the morning. :eek:
 

·
cyclist
Joined
·
7,904 Posts
mickey-mac said:
Finally, a thanks goes out to Gregg for keeping together the site that brought us all together.
Heck, mickey-mac, if it wasn't for J's pre-event postings and plannings (and celebrity factor), ATP's host/guide/story-telling (and Svend as co-host), and all of y'all for making the commitment and plans, this wouldn't happen.

The site may have been created by my boss and I, but you guys are the real reason it thrives!

-g
 
G

·
yarble said:
you know you thought the same thing when you saw lens hand like that with his mouth open.

ps. ive eaten at that mexican place, very very good.
Agreed, I had too much beer and some really good shrimp tacos there, it really grossed out my daughters so it was worth it.
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
that's not fear, you moreons, it's fakking LOVE and OBSESSION. (on her part, not mine, nttawwt.)

AND that's what happens with hair after you've been on a plane for 9,000 hours wearing a hat and drinking heavily in several airports and/or on a two-hr drive from LA.

i'm a poet. my hair can look like that. don't forget who brings shamen to dinner, people.
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,013 Posts
yes she shows promise as a cyclist

tough as nails and can stand hours of abuse. eddy has a bright future. just feel bad, poor girl looked so tired.
 

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
Joined
·
21,050 Posts
gregg said:
Heck, mickey-mac, if it wasn't for J's pre-event postings and plannings (and celebrity factor), ATP's host/guide/story-telling (and Svend as co-host), and all of y'all for making the commitment and plans, this wouldn't happen.

The site may have been created by my boss and I, but you guys are the real reason it thrives!

-g
gregg hottie, i had nothing to do with this. just workin' stuff out and like that. totally selfish committment (sp?). no credit due here. moreon.

but you guys are the real reason it thrives!
^^ agreed ^^

don't be such a stranger on NCD, gregg.

ps., my vote goes for "Passion".
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top