Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basso was only riding the Giro for training, Hincapie is a real GC contender and can climb really well, and Jan will get his act together for the first time in a decade to win the Tour. Do you have any pink sheet stock picks for me too?

·
Registered
656 Posts
true, basso wanted to win the giro. true, hincapie will be dropped on climbs. BUT....

....i think it's possible that The Jan will be in excellent form this year, both mentally and physically. i think that his lack of motivation over the last few years was the result of knowing all through the winter that in july the best he could do was second, thanks to that killing machine that is finally retired. how can you stay motivated to train for the Tour if you know that you can't win? this year, i think Jan will be an entirely different rider. not only does he know that the unbeatable beast is gone, but he also knows that this may be his last chance to win the Tour, because of his age. those must be some deliciously motivational bits of information for Ullrich.

i think a motivated Jan could be a dangerous thing, especially with the HUGE amount of TT this year, and the somewhat limited number of epic mountain days.

CRUSH THEM, JAN!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.