Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100720/od_nm/us_smuggler_bicycle

PHOENIX (Reuters) – U.S. border police have nabbed a Mexican teen caught cycling over the Arizona border with a load of marijuana -- his second such arrest in five days, authorities said.

Border Patrol agents in Yuma, in far western Arizona, said they arrested the 17-year-old boy pedaling a bicycle loaded with 30 pounds of pot near the Colorado River on Sunday evening.

Agents ran a records check and found they had arrested the same boy in the same area on July 14, on that occasion wheeling into the United States with 27 pounds of marijuana on his bicycle.

Mexican drug cartels frequently use youngsters to ferry narcotics over the U.S. border because as juveniles they often can avoid prosecution.

Border Patrol agents turned the unnamed bicycling youth over to the Yuma County Narcotics Task Force.

(Reporting by Tim Gaynor; editing by Steve Gorman)

·
banned from the museum
6,622 Posts
This is getting quite common. There is an area near Tucson where the dope runners dump the bikes. Sometimes they ride them, but usually they push them, and load over 100 pounds of weed on the bike.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Well that shoots down my weekend party plans.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
My money is on Gut...

·
smell my finger
994 Posts
How far can you make it with 30lbs of weed on your back, during the daylight hours? Doesn't look outa place? Could trade teh weed for some cheeseburgers if you got hungry I guess.

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lablover said:
How far can you make it with 30lbs of weed on your back, during the daylight hours? Doesn't look outa place? Could trade teh weed for some cheeseburgers if you got hungry I guess.

We could start a modern day race circuit, sorta like how NASCAR started but instead of bootleg liquor it'd be Mexican brick weed.

·
No Crybabies
11,684 Posts
trailer?

Trailer or panniers?

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
Haven't heard from azpeterb today, so I guess you have your answer.

Maybe that's why the ladies said "Oh my" as he pedaled by.

He was toting a 100lb bale of weed.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Jim311 said:
We could start a modern day race circuit, sorta like how NASCAR started but instead of bootleg liquor it'd be Mexican brick weed.
This has entertainment possibilities! I think you might want to pitch this to some reality TV types if you can find them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts