Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen many Cyclist buy a brand NEW bike just because they dont have the color to match.

For example.

White Helmet = White Road Bike.

White Helmet X Red Road Bike.

I, too, want to be color coordinated. I would be disgusted if I had to wear a green helmet with a pink bike, and in the side of that wearing a yellow jersey.

I know that "some" don't care if they don't match clothes.

So all I'm asking is, do you guys know any kind of Road Bicycle that is White and Gray? lol. The reason is, I already bought a helmet, of course, White and Gray. I'm planning to buy a good Road Bicycle. Yet the color is slacking off.

Unless, there's some shop that can paint your bike, which I hope would be very cheap =/

>=O Color these days...

·
Registered
797 Posts
If i get a good deal on somthng, I snap it up. Will color enter my mind? Yes, but all in all price will always be my deciding factor. I'll put up with a mis-match to save some coin.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've seen a total of ZERO riders change bikes to match their helmets. If you care enough it is much easier (and cheaper) to change helmets to match the frame.

With 4 bikes (all completely different colours) I'd struggle to get a helmet to match them all.

·
Two scoops of inertia.
530 Posts
I could see matching clothing to helmets as it's all stuff that gets worn out, but matching to the bike.... that's a bit much. To answer your question Van Dessel's Hellafaster comes in grey and white and I believe I've seen one of the Bianchi via nirone models in white with a touch of grey and a splash of celeste as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dr. Placebo said:
I could see matching clothing to helmets as it's all stuff that gets worn out, but matching to the bike.... that's a bit much. To answer your question Van Dessel's Hellafaster comes in grey and white and I believe I've seen one of the Bianchi via nirone models in white with a touch of grey and a splash of celeste as well.
Wow your the person who actually answered my questions rather than critizising it.

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
I’ve always opted to rise above the rest to be the non-colour-coordinated dork. Yep, blue helmet, yellow jersey, red/white/carbon bike, ugly-ass silvery Mavic Ksyrium SLs, Performance logo’d water bottle, grey/black pump, ghetto-fabbed (garage-modified) Philips Luxeon K2 LED lights, and different tyres front/rear (Continental Grand Prix Supersonic front, Vittoria Diamante Pro Carbon/Kevlar rear). Oh, and my socks are all stained dirty from riding in the rain.

But if you are self-conscious about having matching stuff, well you certainly are entitled to do so. Don’t let me try to hold you back. I’m just some schmuck who commutes on an overly-expensive non-commute bike since deep down inside I’m a repressed middle-aged poseur trying to look practical-sexy to the 45-year old divorced chicks… or something.

Where the hell was I going with this tangent?

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
helmet doesn't have to match...BUT WEAR IT.........cause NOTHING looks good with gray and red splattered on it!

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
Yeah.... ummm.... get a new helmet. Or get your existing bike repainted. Or better yet, who cares?!

But if it still matters to you, Klein makes a damn fine bike with a white paint job. I think Klein has the coolest paint jobs of any bikes out there. YMMV.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Getting a helmet painted is a little cheaper than getting a new frame.
The helmet I wear matches my kit, which does have some common colors with my frame.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
wrong order...

ALWAYS buy the bike or frame first, then the helmet. Helmets are relatively cheap. Frames and new paint jobs aren't. I broke two helmets last year, so I had lots of opportunity to change helmets.

FWIW, white does nothing for me. I'm into red and black. The more red the better.

·
Registered
19,427 Posts
I only consider color matching..

between team kits and helmets...and only replace helmets when the old one hits the pavement with my head in it (which, thankfully, isn't that often).
color is a fourth of fifth consideration over comfort and fit and performance.

buying an entirely new bike to match a piece of clothing? = plain stupid.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.