Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but what is your cell phone (if you are crazy enough to have one) ringtone set to?

mine is "Always look on the bright side of life" from The Life of Brian.

·
Poseur
1,677 Posts
I switch mainly between Purple Haze and MC5s Kick out the Jams. Have to answer quick if I have Mc5 on, around customers and strangers, lol.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
I'm boring. Mine is an old fashioned phone belltone.

But my message arrived ring? That's cool - the Austin Powers video phone ring. It evens pops up a still image of Basil.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
My cell phone is as quiet as the grave. I don't have one, and I don't want one.

What's with these earpieces with no cord now? I don't know if they are the whole phone, or wireless to the cell phone. It really makes people look like they are talking to themselves.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
TUT2222 said:
I switch mainly between Purple Haze and MC5s Kick out the Jams. Have to answer quick if I have Mc5 on, around customers and strangers, lol.
a timeless classic.....sprint's "kung fu" melody.

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
lousylegs said:
but what is your cell phone (if you are crazy enough to have one) ringtone set to?

I have different ones for different people.

Two of the more memorable ones:

"Take On Me" -Aha
"Beat It" -MJ

·
Registered
152 Posts
Depends...

For most callers, it's the theme from "Night Rider."
For my wife, the rabid NASCAR fan, it's the sounds of a car race.
For a friend who's a huge Pearl Jam fan, it's "Yellow Ledbetter."

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Big Bad John said:
My cell phone is as quiet as the grave. I don't have one, and I don't want one.

What's with these earpieces with no cord now? I don't know if they are the whole phone, or wireless to the cell phone. It really makes people look like they are talking to themselves.
Someone's always got to be the wet blanket. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
TUT2222 said:
That's great. I'd love that.

Walking down the street...

KICK OUT THE JAMS MUTHAF**KERS!!!

Excuse me I got to get that.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Big Bad John said:
They're bluetooth wireless headsets, good to range of around 12 feet or so from the physical phone. I use one when driving, and love using one when walking down the street. I ldig looking like a crazy guy, or better yet - being in a conference call, sitting at the beach watching the waves roll in. I've actually had a customer phone meeting while on a casual bicycle ride using one of those headsets.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
vonteity said:
I have different ones for different people.

Two of the more memorable ones:

"Take On Me" -Aha
"Beat It" -MJ
i do multiples also. howd i miss take on me, now i have to go get it.

more memorable ones.

super mario theme

peanuts christmas

fugue (for my mom :rolleyes: )

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
lousylegs said:
what one does hakkahaiku get?
Uh, I think he's under the "Friends", which is some weird bird call thing called "Appulse". I guess it's supposed to be some kind of pulsing ring. It sounds like a cross between a cocateau and a sneeze. A-ch-ch-ch-ooo!

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
yarble said:
i do multiples also. howd i miss take on me, now i have to go get it.

more memorable ones.

super mario theme

peanuts christmas

fugue (for my mom :rolleyes: )
I had the muppet theme once on one phone... but I've not been able to redownload it on my new phone. :(

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
The theme to Chip N Dale, Rescue Rangers. I don't have bluetooth, but I bought one of those USB chords that goes to my phone. The song is like 5 minutes long!

Sometimes some crimes go slipping through the cracks but these two gumshoes are picking up the slack! There's no case too big, no case too small...

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
I had the Godzilla roar for a while, but frankly it wasn't recorded very well, so I ditched it.

Now I have the "Our Man Flint" phone ring, which is the same as the Austin Powers one, only it's the original.

I usually answer while the phone is still buzzing, though, as I keep it set on "vibe and ring."

There's somebody here in the office (I haven't tracked down the perp yet) who has the Magnum PI theme song, done in super-cheesy midi style. Whoever it is sure gets a lot of calls.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
vonteity said:
I had the muppet theme once on one phone... but I've not been able to redownload it on my new phone. :(
i hate when you get a new phone and all your old ring tones go extinct.

you know what ringtone i really want. big country. remember them? i think that was their only song i could also go for some eco and the bunnymen or the clash's lost in the supermarket.

i havent checked in a long time, maybe they have them now.

edit: i also wish i could find the muppets singing kokomo

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
yarble said:
i used to love that show. i always like seeing shows that remind me of being a kid. eurekas castle, tail spin, rescue rangers, danger mouse, inspector gadget, pete and pete, the list could go on forever.
I loved Eureka's Castle! I hardly ever got to watch it, though. Fraggle Rock (definitely at the top of the list! Sprocket ol' boy, what ah you bahking at?), the Snorks, Ninja Turtles, Duck Tales... sometimes I think kids these days are deprived. They will never have shows as cool as ours.

And I'm not gonna lie, I got the first 30 episodes of Rescue Rangers and Fraggle Rock on DVD for Christmas. :eek:

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
Gig 'em said:
The theme to Chip N Dale, Rescue Rangers. I don't have bluetooth, but I bought one of those USB chords that goes to my phone. The song is like 5 minutes long!

Sometimes some crimes go slipping through the cracks but these two gumshoes are picking up the slack! There's no case too big, no case too small...
i used to love that show. i always like seeing shows that remind me of being a kid. eurekas castle, tail spin, rescue rangers, danger mouse, inspector gadget, pete and pete, the list could go on forever.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
lousylegs said:

work cell: vibrate (blackberry)
my cell: "could you be the one?"--husker du (sony ericsson)

i can't find the sony charger and don't want to buy a new one, so it's been out of juice about two weeks. and i don't give a sh*t.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts