Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Posting this from camp so if it doesn't work I will finish on Monday. I just found my new favorite road. It is the Old Blewett Pass that is south of Leavenworth WA.

We were family camping in the Money Creek campground off of RT 2 about 30 miles or so from Stevens Pass in WA. It's a long story, but I have a few bikes in pieces, so the only bike I had with gears and fenders was the Bike Friday, so the Bike Friday it was for the weekend. Every time I ride this bike I am impressed with it. Oh, and it turned out I didn't need the fenders! This odd shadow guy even followed me around; I don't see him much out here.

G

·
JP said:
Posting this from camp so if it doesn't work I will finish on Monday. I just found my new favorite road. It is the Old Blewett Pass that is south of Leavenworth WA.
It is a great piece of road.

Except in winter.

· Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You can tell that cars rarely use this road. This is a picture of one of the bigger rocks in the road. No, I didn't put it there.

What a beautiful climb. I saw one moving car the whole way up. It has nice turns and the grade never gets too steep. We will be riding this again in a couple of weeks on a 600k brevet. I'm glad I had a chance to check it out ahead of time. The little Bike Friday felt great today although the headset is a bit pitted. Time for a new headset.

· Registered
783 Posts
Love That Pass

When I hit my accounts in Omak, Wenatchee. I drive Blewett over to Ellensburg then on to Yakima. Will be up there in 2 weeks again defenitley plan on parking and riding some of Blewett. Will look for the Old Blewett pass road. How far off is it once you turn on the 97 from the 2 or??
Thanks in advance

Ray Still

· Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
abiciriderback said:
Will look for the Old Blewett pass road. How far off is it once you turn on the 97 from the 2 or??
Thanks in advance

Ray Still
Ray, I was driving south from Leavenworth on 97, and Old Blewett was on the right about 5 miles from the intersection of Rt 2 and 97. It was a well marked turnoff.

We really had good luck with the weather. On Sunday, I road a bit up Foss River road. It was a few miles of dirt and gravel, so I wish I had a bit wider tires, but it made for a good adventure all the same. Have a great week.

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
I search for roads like that and seldom find them. I love getting out and away from everyone and everything. And to end it with hotdogs. ..doesn't get much better.

· Workin' for the Man
240 Posts
JP said:
...It has nice turns and the grade never gets too steep. We will be riding this again in a couple of weeks on a 600k brevet. I'm glad I had a chance to check it out ahead of time...
The opportunity to ride this road in advance was fortunate. Would you have remembered it at all, halfway through a 600k?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.