Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Look a lot like a Super from around early-mid 80's I think....

·
l'illustre sconosciuto
321 Posts
The two holes in the rear dropouts, designed for the use of a porta catena device mean that it is not older than about 1978. The fact that it still has a clamp on front derailleur would tend to point to pre-1983.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can post

I can post more images of specific areas of the bike. I have done quite a bit of searching on the "internets" and am having trouble narrowing down the year of this bike. On the seat post is a decal: RECO???ORA, MEXICO, 1972. So I know it is older than '72.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My wifes bike has the Record Oro Mexico sticker and its from the 80s I agree with dnalsaam about the early 80s that's right around when the guy who used to race my wifes bike was racing

·
Registered
16 Posts
also, the cables guides on top of the bottom bracket will be a clue to the age. i'm leaning towards late 70's, very early 80's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fair Price?

Now that we narrowed down the year to a 6-8 year period, what would be a fair price to expect when I sell this sweet ride?

·
l'illustre sconosciuto
321 Posts
Given that the bike is badly scratched and has virtually no original componentry left, I doubt that you would get much. You would likely be better off to sell all the components and frame separately. As a whole bike, equipped like now, I wouldn't expect more than $500. You are much better off riding it rather than trying to sell it. BTW, the age span that I indicated is 5 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Too Small

I would keep it, I bought it at a thrift store, but it is too small for me (53cm). Believe me, the ride is so smooth, I wish it fit!

·
Registered
13 Posts
did you find a home?

steadyb said:
I would keep it, I bought it at a thrift store, but it is too small for me (53cm). Believe me, the ride is so smooth, I wish it fit!
did you find a home for this ride? PM me, I may be interested--it is about my size.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts