Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
You might like...

The Drive-by Truckers.
Give "Too Much Sex (Too Little Jesus)" and "The Living Bubba" a listen.

·
Registered
213 Posts
there ok.....

since everyone with a banjo visits wv, i've seen and heard a lot of the new groups. old crow plays here a couple times a year. not my favorite, but they're ok. oldtymie sound.
these are the two new oldtymie players i've been listening to lately.

jd beverly and the wayward drifters, don't think the record is out yet but i have a demo and you can download off the website. oldtymie/jukebox country sound.

William Elliot Whitmore. this guy just blows me away. pitchfork label of all things. that's a metal label. tattoo'd up iowa farmboy that really lays down some hillbilly sh#t. one man with a banjo and a cold PBR. one of my favorites.

larry keel is really good, but he's a flat picker guitar guy, not an ensemble.

wolf creek sessions blew me away at a show awile back. appalachian/celtic combo

johnny staats and the delivery boys are an excellent live show. high energy.

From the Hip. another bluegrass band that actually uses hand drums. not traditional bluegrass in any sense, but if you saw them live, oh man, what a show.

check out www.rosewoodtheatre.com for group listings and you'll find a bunch of current touring bluegrass groups. that's the local venue for roots type music.

or www.purplefiddle.com for links to alot of touring groups. if that link doesn't work, google purple fiddle in thomas, wv. it pops right up.

·
grippy...
122 Posts
hackensaw boys

The Hackensaw Boys, like Old Crow on 'le pot belge', bluegrass the way the Ramones would have played it. Albums are great, their latest is available on iTunes, but you haven't lived til you've seen them live. www.hackensawboys.com

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
lets_ride said:
The Drive-by Truckers.
Give "Too Much Sex (Too Little Jesus)" and "The Living Bubba" a listen.
Too much sex, too little jesus is pure song writing gold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts