Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
It most definitely goes with a team.

There's a certain dood named LeMond that useta race for em... Not to mention Hinault, and...

M

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
579 Posts
That bike is as cool as that jersey! Vintage A-D with really old Dura Ace components? If I was the husband, I'd have protested giving that away too!

Enjoy the ride, what a great score!

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
tapie and koechli's mid 80s la vie claire team- hinault, lemond, bauer, hampsten, etc. lots of drama

·
Registered
27,471 Posts
Bernard Tapie started "La Vie Clair," "the clear life" in the early 80s, I'm thinking '84. He owned Look when it was manufacturing only ski equipment. They had just modified a ski binding to create the first Look clipless pedal, and needed a team to introduce it into the market. Both Hinault and LeMond won TDF wearing that jersey. It was a design takeoff on Mondrian paintings.

I've had two, both trashed in crashes. :cryin:

·
Off the back.
64 Posts
Way cool jersey.

I have a winter cap (wool) in La Vie Claire Toshiba livery.

Big Steve Bauer fan here.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That's one of the most famous and recognizable jerseys in racing history. I hope your friend knew what she was giving you. LeMond, Hinault, Hampsten... some of the biggest names in cycling and one of the most dramatic eras in cycling history. Nice job being in the right place at the right time. :thumbsup:

brewster

·
Registered
155 Posts
Maybe a short sleeve jersey as well. I got this one in the 80's and still have it.

I'm also a fan of Piet Mondrian and the Dutch art and design movement De Stijl (The Style) that was started in 1917. De Stijl proposed ultimate simplicity and abstraction, both in architecture and painting, by using only straight horizontal and vertical lines and rectangular forms.
Furthermore, their formal vocabulary was limited to the primary colours, red, yellow, and blue, and the three primary values, black, white, and grey

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Could go with this also..And I own those Van's BTW. Santini released a new version of the La Vie Claire kit this year made form modern materials. You can get Shorts,Bibs, SS and LS Jersey as well as sock.

·
Registered
447 Posts
steelisreal2 said:
Maybe a short sleeve jersey as well. I got this one in the 80's and still have it.

I'm also a fan of Piet Mondrian and the Dutch art and design movement De Stijl (The Style) that was started in 1917. De Stijl proposed ultimate simplicity and abstraction, both in architecture and painting, by using only straight horizontal and vertical lines and rectangular forms.
Furthermore, their formal vocabulary was limited to the primary colours, red, yellow, and blue, and the three primary values, black, white, and grey

I had a pair of Look road shoes in that same pattern, real leather. Loved those shoes. Unfortunately the leather eventually started to fall apart, man I was bummed.

·
Banned
634 Posts
pedals

Pedals are a sin

rward325 said:
Could go with this also..And I own those Van's BTW. Santini released a new version of the La Vie Claire kit this year made form modern materials. You can get Shorts,Bibs, SS and LS Jersey as well as sock.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
deadlegs2 said:
Pedals are a sin
I know but it beats the heck out of knee surgery...

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
Not willing to take one for the "team"? Loser. :D
I am glad to see that nothing has changed around here...If it were just a garage queen I would have put Look pedals. I actually ride it so I need to save my knees.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.