Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKHT http://www.okht.org/rides.html

Anyone done this?? I live in N. Ky and am looking for a weekend overnight ride. Their webpage is kind of confusing. I'm not sure if it's a one day 102 ride or two day 50/55 mile ride?? I would want to have at least a century on Saturday, camp in Bardstown, then a ride on Sunday. So many options???

·
I don't exist
2,036 Posts
As i understand it

now 'member Paul, I just moved here... it's a two day ride of 50/55 or 102 on Sat alone.

PaulCL said:
OKHT http://www.okht.org/rides.html

Anyone done this?? I live in N. Ky and am looking for a weekend overnight ride. Their webpage is kind of confusing. I'm not sure if it's a one day 102 ride or two day 50/55 mile ride?? I would want to have at least a century on Saturday, camp in Bardstown, then a ride on Sunday. So many options???

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey guys, I live in northernish KY also. Any chance anyone would want to hook up for a weekend ride with a newbie?

I'm starting vacation for a couple of weeks this weekend, and I may even look into this OKHT, since I have some vacation left to take.

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problem

Sindic said:
Hey guys, I live in northernish KY also. Any chance anyone would want to hook up for a weekend ride with a newbie?

I'm starting vacation for a couple of weeks this weekend, and I may even look into this OKHT, since I have some vacation left to take.
But I'm not sure if I'm doing the OKHT. I just found out this AM that I may have to go to Dallas for a business meeting the next Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun. Bummer. If I have to go to Dallas, I won't be able to leave home the previous weekend.

As for hooking up, send me a PM. I'll then shoot you my email and phone.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,854 Posts
OKHT Veteran

My wife is from KY and I have done this ride 4 or 5 times. Great event and a fun ride. Check the website for current year details but this is what I remember.

Saturday - Leave L'Ville and ride to Bardstown. Two or three route options on Saturday. Something like 60mi., 75mi. and a full century at 100mi. The 100 mile route had a gut buster climb near the very end up Pottershop Hill. If you can still see when you get to the top turn around and look backwards for an incredible view. Highlight - one year when sponsored by one of the Bourbon companies there was a half gallon of bourbon at one of the SAG stops midway along the ride. When I took my shot the bottle was 2/3 gone so it must have been popular. You may need to fill one of your water bottles with bourbon as the bottle only showed up one year.

Saturday night - spend the night in Bardstown. Note your gear is hauled for you from L'Ville to Bardstown. We always stay in the gym although there is some camping as well as limited hotel options. Highlight - No whimpy beer tents in Kentucky - Bardstown has a bourbon tent which included free bourbon tastings.

Sunday - everyone returns from Bardstown to L'Ville along the same route which is 55-60 miles. Highlight - homemade cookies at one of the SAG stops. Be sure to bring your homemade cookies on Saturday morning to add to the pile. Favorite cookie was shaped like a squirrel - so appropriate for a touring ride.

Feel free to ask specific questions if you still have some. Paul - you might just stop in at one of the sponsoring bike shops and ask direct questions. Skellers(?) bike shop maybe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.