Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched high and low, no luck. Everyone from the LBS to Performance, from all the usual on-line sources to REI and 6 other shops in Raleigh, everyone sells the new stuff.
Does anyone have a confirmed sighting of the oh-so-lovely jar with the red stripes and the Swiss flag?

And, if so, would you mind guiding me to the light?

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mootsie said:
What's the difference?
1. A new recipe. Unfortunately, I am quite particular about things that work.

2. Not nearly as good on a bagel.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have been wondering about this, too. I have always liked the old stuff. I just bought the first can of the new stuff and idk if i can tell a difference.

seeborough said:
2. Not nearly as good on a bagel.
hahahahahahah :thumbsup:

·
Registered
544 Posts
I tried some on a bagel, and I got saddle sores. In my mouth. My attorney will be contacting you by certified mail....

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
Paceline Products, the folks that make Chamois Butt'r have a new product that is like the old Assos, its called Chamois Butt'r EuroStyle. I use it and IMO, the cooling lasts longer than the Assos stuff did. You might want to try it.

Now I have a half empty jar of the old Assos stuff in my bathroom if you want to make me an offer :D

http://www.pacelineproducts.com/Category56/Chamois_Butt_r.aspx

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mootsie said:
Paceline Products, the folks that make Chamois Butt'r have a new product that is like the old Assos, its called Chamois Butt'r EuroStyle. I use it and IMO, the cooling lasts longer than the Assos stuff did. You might want to try it.

Now I have a half empty jar of the old Assos stuff in my bathroom if you want to make me an offer :D

http://www.pacelineproducts.com/Category56/Chamois_Butt_r.aspx
Thanks, I might do that. $10 plus S&H? I'm desperate.

Looking at the jar, they might just have rebadged the Assos stuff.

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
seeborough said:
Thanks, I might do that. $10 plus S&H? I'm desperate.

Looking at the jar, they might just have rebadged the Assos stuff.
The jars look similar, but the Chamois Butt'r jar is bigger than the Assos.

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
Mootsie said:
The jars look similar, but the Chamois Butt'r jar is bigger than the Assos.
It's been my experience that I have to use more Chamois Butt'r to get the same results as Assos so, I don't consider it that much of a bargain. Plus, on long hot rides, Chamois Butt'r seem to emulsify into nothing. First ride this year was 113 miles. I used DZnuts and loved it. It's there for you all day and it tastes great too.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Assos Chamois Creme was definitely a product that didn't need to be 'updated.' The new stuff might have some of the same ingredients, but it's a very different formulation. I don't like it at all. For whatever reason, it makes me sweat a lot more 'down there,' which I really hate. The old stuff seemed unique - you either loved it or were indifferent. The new stuff just seems like all the other cremes out there.

Thanks. I've heard of it and will look into it.

·
Administrator
13,006 Posts
Jumped from Assos to DZ Nuts- its better.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Coolhand said:
With that endorsement, I just ordered some DZ Nutz. My last jar of the old-style Assos Creme has about three rides worth of stuff left in it. I was one of those people who loved the old-style stuff. Given the negative reviews of the new-style Assos Creme, I have been trying to decide which product I should try. I'll let you know whether I agree with you after a few rides with DZ Nutz.

·
Hold your line!
177 Posts
Great quote!

Coolhand said:

Coolhand - I can't add anything to the Assos vs. whatever chamois creme, but I love your signature. Great quote!

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
oily666 said:
It's been my experience that I have to use more Chamois Butt'r to get the same results as Assos so, I don't consider it that much of a bargain. Plus, on long hot rides, Chamois Butt'r seem to emulsify into nothing. First ride this year was 113 miles. I used DZnuts and loved it. It's there for you all day and it tastes great too.
I didn't like the Chamois Butt'r either. I used the Assos stuff, but the new Eurostyle Chamois Butt'r is different and again, IMO, better than even the Assos.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I loved the old Assos, don't really mind the new stuff and it seems like the DZ stuff is really expensive for 4oz??? Am I correct in thinking that the ASsos is around $17 for 8 oz. and the DZ stuff is $22 for 4 oz?

Zach

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Mootsie said:
I didn't like the Chamois Butt'r either. I used the Assos stuff, but the new Eurostyle Chamois Butt'r is different and again, IMO, better than even the Assos.
All three are certainly different.

I sort of switch around, using original Chamois Butt'r more on shorter rides and the Euro style on longer events.

Loved the old Assos and haven't tried the new, mainly because of negative reviews that popped up early.

To me the new Euro style doesn't give me any tingle like the old Assos did. I sure miss that. :D

PS - I've been using Mad Alchemy Embrocation for my legs on cold days. The warm version. Let me tell you - you do NOT want to be careless with this stuff as it gets hot. But that's another topic.

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Done.

I just hope they speak English.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts