Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... a couple night ago a watched "The Towering Inferno" CRAP and "Patton" STILL GREAT.

Tonight, "Snatch" or "Alien" ??? neither are CRAP!

·
What the Hell is going on
5,127 Posts
Just found a DVD of "Tombstone" at my local Goodwill to replace my VHS copy.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
... a couple night ago a watched "The Towering Inferno" CRAP and "Patton" STILL GREAT.

Tonight, "Snatch" or "Alien" ??? neither are CRAP!
One vote for Alien.

We watch Jaws every 4th of July. It’s a tradition.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
One vote for Alien.

We watch Jaws every 4th of July. It’s a tradition.
Near me we have a local beach that sets up a screen on the sand facing the ocean. Viewers get inner tubes and watch Jaws from the water after dark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fredrico

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Near me we have a local beach that sets up a screen on the sand facing the ocean. Viewers get inner tubes and watch Jaws from the water after dark!

That’s outstanding!

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
That’s outstanding!
I have NOT done this! Haha I do know people that have though, it’s done by a local Jersey Shore bar. Although I think it’s been in multiple place at this point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
870 Posts
Snatch! My personal fav-o-rite.

I watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid the other night. A couple of slow parts, but overall it's still a great watch.

·
Administrator
13,000 Posts
Try "The Thin Man" on new years eve.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,127 Posts
I know he's a persona non grata but I like Woody Allen's early stuff. "What's Up Tiger Lily?", "Sleeper", "Take the Money and Run".

"He made a meager living selling meagers".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Snatch! My personal fav-o-rite.

I watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid the other night. A couple of slow parts, but overall it's still a great watch.
So did I, it was a perfect movie for a slow night at the firehouse. Still a great movie.

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
I watched Dog Day Afternoon recently for like the 100th time over the decades since it came out. It seems to fly under the radar or great 70's movies despite having Pacino in it.

I tend to think of "old" being black & white before color was an option. Casablanca, On the Waterfront and Treasure of the Sierra Madre are a few good ones that come to mind.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
I watched Dog Day Afternoon recently for like the 100th time over the decades since it came out. It seems to fly under the radar or great 70's movies despite having Pacino in it.

I tend to think of "old" being black & white before color was an option. Casablanca, On the Waterfront and Treasure of the Sierra Madre are a few good ones that come to mind.
Great movie! Won an Oscar and nominated for a whole bunch...

Casablanca is such a great movie... It’s a Wonderful Life comes to mind.

·
Opus was just napping
21,587 Posts
Not that it is old old but...

My wife had managed to go her entire life without seeing or knowing anything about the movie 7. She didn't know about the "what's in the box memes" was surprised when out of the blue kevin spacey shows up. The whole shebang.

It was a joy to watch, (as much joy as watching a movie about a serial killer can be) because her reactions brought me back to seeing it the first time.

(This is all of course after looking at her when she told me she didn't know what I was talking about when I made allusion to the film and my response being...were you raised by fucking wolves? How did you not see this?)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts