Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in around '87 I bought a Shimano groupo, I'm sure it was badged as 600 Ultegra. It was mostly dark grey annodised and some parts had small stickers on with 3 coloured squares, blue green and XXX?

Anyhow does anyone have any idea what the model number might have been and perhaps have any pix?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Did you look on ebay?

DannyBoy said:
Back in around '87 I bought a Shimano groupo, I'm sure it was badged as 600 Ultegra. It was mostly dark grey annodised and some parts had small stickers on with 3 coloured squares, blue green and XXX?

Anyhow does anyone have any idea what the model number might have been and perhaps have any pix?
perhaps try Shimano 600 parts, I wouldn't put Ultegra in the search. It is a later name in the Shimano lineup DA, Ultegra,105, etc is more modern stuff. 600 predated Ultegra.

NOTE: I stand FIRMLY corrected. That must have came out in a brief period of time I was not scouting components.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just been doing a bit of surfing. I agree it's 6400. I'd love to get a NOS groupo together, nostalgia and all that. I remeber it being quite nice kit. The indexing worked well, can't recall if it was 6 or 7 speed.

If anyone knows of any going NOS lemme know.

·
More carbon fiber please!
791 Posts
Got an older custom Bianchi Columbus lugged frame and 600 on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.