Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a carbon bike this spring and have been doing plenty of research and shopping around.

I was at my LBS that I have done a lot of business w/ over the years and they recommended the new Olmo Tecno '06 w/ Easton SL90 fork . It's a great looking bike, but I have little knowledge of Olmo products. I test rode it, and it felt nice.

Italian.. yes .. but other than that you do not hear a lot of there reliability..or many reviews of their products. I was hoping that someone could enlighten me on their experiences or knowledge of Olmo.

Other options.. BMC SLT01 and Pinarello F4:13. Both which I have test ridden, and are great rides.

Any feedback would be appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Olmo

gizzard said:
I haven't seen too many Olmos in recent years but the brand has a long history and a pedigree as long as your arm. I'm not even sure where the new Olmos are made (especially the carbon framesets), but if they are anything like their predecessors of the 70s, 80s and 90s then you have little to worry about. I'm sure another blogger will be able to give you more help regarding up-to-date details than me.

They have been working w. Easton .. its all made from GX2 Carbon.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Long distinguished history

I haven't seen too many Olmos in recent years but the brand has a long history and a pedigree as long as your arm. I'm not even sure where the new Olmos are made (especially the carbon framesets), but if they are anything like their predecessors of the 70s, 80s and 90s then you have little to worry about. I'm sure another blogger will be able to give you more help regarding up-to-date details than me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts