Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
unless i am not looking at the correct schedule, it looks like OLN has cut Milan/San Remo, Gent-Wevelgem and the Sea Otter from its cycling coverage this year. All were previously listed. I hope the cutting is over.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Still pretty good coverage

bill105 said:
unless i am not looking at the correct schedule, it looks like OLN has cut Milan/San Remo, Gent-Wevelgem and the Sea Otter from its cycling coverage this year. All were previously listed. I hope the cutting is over.
Does anyone know when the Thursday cycling show begins? I can't find it on their website.

Alex

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Actually from what I can remember OLN's coverage is expanding. I don't think hardly anyone carries the Milan to San Remo anymore because the Italian network RAI that covers it charges an arm and a leg for the rights. There's even been talk of cutting the M-SR from the classics season because no one in Europe except Italians and a few others can watch it.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
No live coverage of Paris-Roubaix?

OLN's cycling coverage is why I finally subscribed to cable. But no live coverage this year of Paris-Roubaix?!? I suggest going to their website and voicing your constructive opinions about their cycling schedule.

http://www.olntv.com/htmlpage.asp?htmlid=24

·
Ti me up
1,242 Posts
I see lots more

JELLIOT said:
http://www.olntv.com/htmlpage.asp?htmlid=24

Looks like the only cycling coverage for now will be the road to the tour. Starting April 1 at 9 pm.
You may not be getting the whole page. I go there and I get a whole list of cycling coverage. We canceled cable a few years ago and haven't missed it (OK, well, my wife misses HGTV), but with all the cycling coverage plus the Olympics this year, we're checking it out again.

Anyone know about Olympics coverage and how much will be on NBC vs. how much on their cable networks? I haven't been able to find anything about that.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i didnt mean to sound like i was complaining. i appreciate any coverage and this years total hours of coverage (live or not) is more than last year. a guy named george at oln is the one who answers comments from their web page, or at least he was last year. hes a good guy. i am sure they would welcome any thanks and support.

my only point was i hope they dont cancel any more races that were listed earlier in the year on their schedule.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Off the subject

this is off the subject, but if you are looking at getting cable -- check out directv! i had cancelled cable for a long time and picked up directv last year (just went to directv.com) and it's great. i will never go back to cable again :D

just my $.02

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
Does anyone know when the Thursday cycling show begins? I can't find it on their website.

Alex
The Thursday Sportzone show has been cancelled.The cycling coverage in general always seems to be in a state of flux and last year kept changing almost until air time for the non-grand tour coverage. That Bull Riding just gets better ratings I guess.

·
Registered
63 Posts
DirecTV

mtbykr said:
this is off the subject, but if you are looking at getting cable -- check out directv! i had cancelled cable for a long time and picked up directv last year (just went to directv.com) and it's great. i will never go back to cable again :D

just my $.02
I switched from Cable to DirecTV because my cable system only offered OLN in their most expensive package. DirecTV has it in their basic package. I also ended up getting Ultimate TV (it's like TiVO), which has been great for making sure I don't miss any of the cycling coverage (and skipping past all the comercials).

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Yes, They Have Cut!

On Feb 11th the OLN schedule on www.olntv.com showed Milan/San Remo, Gent-Wevelgem (and it was going to be LIVE), Sea Otter Classic. They are off the website now (as you pointed out). Further, the Tour of Romandie was going to be live on weekdays; now that appears to be TAPED all the time. On the other hand, the GIRO was going to be shown in the afternoons (TAPED) but now it appears that it's back to being LIVE during weekdays with TAPED on weekends. Earlier they had said the Vuelta would be in the afternoons TAPED but now I see they say TBD. Looks like their schedule is in a lot of flux.

·
Registered
88 Posts
BaadDawg said:
OLN Canada only covers the TDF, nothing else. Pisses me off royally when I see you guys talking about bout all the OLN bike stuff we dont get on OLN Canada.
That's f'ed up! Isn't OLN a CANADIAN channel for Chrissakes?!?! Or is that maple leaf just a part of their logo for nothing?

·
Unrepentant Mountainbiker
624 Posts
Pulled this directly off of their site a few seconds ago

Paris Nice
Live Weekdays, 3/8-3/12, 9:30-11am ET
Tape Delay Weekends, 3/7, 3/13 & 3/14, 4-5:30pm ET
Criterium International
Thur, 4/1, 9:30-10:30pm ET/PT
Sun, 4/4, 4-5pm ET

Tour of Flanders
Thur, 4/8, 9:30-10:30pm ET/PT
Sun, 4/11, 4-5pm ET

Paris Roubaix
Thur, 4/15, 9:30-10:30pm ET/PT
Sun, 4/18, 4-5pm ET

Fleche Wallone
Live! Wed, 4/21, 9:30-11am ET

Amstel Gold
Thur, 4/22, 9:30-10:30pm ET/PT
Sun, 4/25, 4-5pm ET

Liege-Bastogne-Liege
Thur, 4/29, 9:30-10:30pm ET/PT
Sun, 5/2, 4-5pm ET

Tour of Georgia
Thur, 5/6, 9:30-10:30pm ET/PT
Sun, 5/9, 4-5pm ET

Tour of Romandie
Thur, 5/13, 9-10pm ET/PT
Sun, 5/16, 4-5pm ET

·
Registered
163 Posts
I hope that sticks

I really wonder sometimes whether OLN is an actual network or someone's hobby. That sounds good; let's hope it's still there tomorrow. Ah, Bob and Phil, it's magic time. I am SO ready for this.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Starts next Monday with Paris Nice

bill105 said:

Paris Nice
Live Weekdays, 3/8-3/12, 9:30-11am ET
Tape Delay Weekends, 3/7, 3/13 & 3/14, 4-5:30pm ET
Criterium International
Thur, 4/1, 9:30-10:30pm ET/PT
Sun, 4/4, 4-5pm ET

Tour of Flanders
Thur, 4/8, 9:30-10:30pm ET/PT
Sun, 4/11, 4-5pm ET

Paris Roubaix
Thur, 4/15, 9:30-10:30pm ET/PT
Sun, 4/18, 4-5pm ET

Fleche Wallone
Live! Wed, 4/21, 9:30-11am ET

Amstel Gold
Thur, 4/22, 9:30-10:30pm ET/PT
Sun, 4/25, 4-5pm ET

Liege-Bastogne-Liege
Thur, 4/29, 9:30-10:30pm ET/PT
Sun, 5/2, 4-5pm ET

Tour of Georgia
Thur, 5/6, 9:30-10:30pm ET/PT
Sun, 5/9, 4-5pm ET

Tour of Romandie
Thur, 5/13, 9-10pm ET/PT
Sun, 5/16, 4-5pm ET

Giro d'Italia
Sat, 5/8 - Sun, 5/30
Live! Weekdays, 9:30-11am ET
Weekday Repeats, 1-2:30pm ET
Tape Delay Weekends, 3-4:30pm ET

Giro d'Italia Finale Show
Thur, 6/3, 9-10pm ET/PT
Sun, 6/6, 4-5pm ET

Tour du Lanquedoc: Part 1
Thur, 5/20, 9-10pm ET/PT
Sun, 5/23, 4-5pm ET

Tour du Lanquedoc: Part 2
Thur, 5/27, 9-10pm ET/PT
Sun, 5/30, 4-5pm ET

USPRO - Philadelphia
Thur, 6/10, 9-10pm ET/PT
Sun, 6/13, 4-5pm ET

Classique Des Alpes
Thur, 6/17, 9-10pm ET/PT
Sun, 6/20, 4-5pm ET

Tour de Suisse
Thur, 6/24, 9-10pm ET/PT
Sun, 6/27, 4-5pm ET

2004 Tour de France
Saturday, July 3 - Sunday, July 25

Preview Show
Thursday, July 1 at 9pm ET/PT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.