Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
just got message:

Our boffins have been informed and will be working on a fix for this error late into the night, if they know what's good for them.
Sorry for the inconvenience, please try loading the player again.

What the hell does that mean?

TH

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Giro d'Italia 2006 LIVE NOW!
Bad weather in Italy - Race coverage delayed.
Road Racing / Grand Tour
Today! 08 May 2006 07:50 (GMT -5:00)

Took me a while clicking back and forth before I saw Line 2. Typical weather for Belgium this time of year. Hope the weather clears so I can get my watch on.

·
Administrator
13,149 Posts
Still not working- "error"

:mad:

G

·
Truth Hurts said:
just got message:

Our boffins have been informed and will be working on a fix for this error late into the night, if they know what's good for them.
Sorry for the inconvenience, please try loading the player again.

What the hell does that mean?

TH
Boffins == server operators/network admins. Obviously things were borked enough that people couldn't log on and or get a live feed. I can only imagine from this statement that it's not a bandwidth problem, but some internal network congestion or incorrectly configured load balancing.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Guys, I'm about to shell out my $20 to OLN to watch the TTT live and beyond. Was the most recent stage -- stage 4 -- watchable or were there still problems???

Also, any issues in accessing the archived stages 1, 2, 3 and 4 thus far???

Thanks.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Truth Hurts said:
I want a refund!

TH
REEEFUNNDDD!!! REEEFUNNND!!!!

// If you live in Boulder, CO area Amante Coffee is broadcasting this on the big screen.

·
Does it matter?
760 Posts
fornaca68 said:
Guys, I'm about to shell out my $20 to OLN to watch the TTT live and beyond. Was the most recent stage -- stage 4 -- watchable or were there still problems???

Also, any issues in accessing the archived stages 1, 2, 3 and 4 thus far???

Thanks.
I've been able to watch the on demand videos in the eveing. the other stages are still there as well The only "problem" I had, but haven't tried since I don't want test it anymore is that if I pause the video, then try to restart it, Internet Explorer screws up and closes. I just watch all the way through. They break up the stage highlights into two 25-30 minute videos.

For what its worth on Monday I tried to watch some of the live feed from work and like other here couldn't get in, I did however receive an email from cycling.tv, here it is.....

Dear OLN International Cycling Subscriber,

We apologise for the problem with the start of Stage 3 of the Giro. This was due to two factors:

Very bad weather in Belgium which grounded the helicopters compounded by a failure by the race authorities to get flight clearance over a military training area. Coverage was delayed by 45 minutes due to this.
A technical fault meant that we couldn’t provide you with a live update telling you of this delay to the start of coverage.

Although we picked up live coverage 45 minutes late you did not miss one minute of race coverage.

Live coverage is now on.

An “As Live” re-run will go out at 6pm ET and then full highlights will be available from approx 7pm ET in the Giro Highlights tab. Just click the icon to watch these when and where you choose.

On behalf of everyone at Cycling TV our apologies. Enjoy the race coverage today and tomorrow we’ll be back at 2 pm approx for Stage 4. Remember Wednesday is a rest day as the teams transfer from Belgium to Italy for the remaining two and half weeks.

Simon Brydon

Managing Director

Cycling.tv

·
Administrator
13,149 Posts
So far the coverage is worse then last year- but I think it's a cycling TV problem. Last year OLN did it cheaper and better- but no commentary.

The recordings work better, but live is a train wreck IMHO.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.