March 5 & 12 - Paris-Nice (France) 5 p.m. ET
March 19 - Milan-San Remo/Tirreno-Adriatico (Italy) 5 p.m. ET
March 26 - Critérium International (France) 5 p.m. ET
April 9 - Paris-Roubaix (France) 5 p.m. ET
April 23 - Liège-Bastogne-Liège/Flèche-Wallonne (Belgium) 5 p.m. ET
May 7 & 14 - Giro d'Italia (Italy) 5 p.m. ET
May 21 & 28 - Giro d'Italia (Italy) 4 p.m. ET
July 1-23 - Tour de France (TBA)

Awesome. Highlight shows with big Al T. and Kristen Whats-Her-Name. The full press release says something like "Cycling continues to be an important part of OLN programming..."

I guess if I wanted to be into a sport that got a lot of broadcast time I should trade in my bike for a skeet (sp?) rifle or a pair of [ass-less] bull riding chaps.

It could be worse...we could only have 5min. daily updates on ESPN.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Dropped said:
March 5 & 12 - Paris-Nice (France) 5 p.m. ET
March 19 - Milan-San Remo/Tirreno-Adriatico (Italy) 5 p.m. ET
March 26 - Critérium International (France) 5 p.m. ET
April 9 - Paris-Roubaix (France) 5 p.m. ET
April 23 - Liège-Bastogne-Liège/Flèche-Wallonne (Belgium) 5 p.m. ET
May 7 & 14 - Giro d'Italia (Italy) 5 p.m. ET
May 21 & 28 - Giro d'Italia (Italy) 4 p.m. ET
July 1-23 - Tour de France (TBA)

WOW! Four whole days for the Giro d'Italia. Wait, isn't that a 21-day race?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Rifle???

awesometown said:
I guess if I wanted to be into a sport that got a lot of broadcast time I should trade in my bike for a skeet (sp?) rifle or a pair of [ass-less] bull riding chaps...
The rest of us shoot skeet with a shotgun. If you can hit those clay pigeons with a rifle then you must be quite a marksman.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Buck Naked???

awesometown said:
I guess if I wanted to be into a sport that got a lot of broadcast time I should trade in my bike for a skeet (sp?) rifle or a pair of [ass-less] bull riding chaps.
You're one hell of a man if you would ride a bull with nothing on under your chaps (all chaps are ass-less). The only guys I ever heard of that wore chaps with nothing on under them are gay S&M guys there in New York. Yes, you should get on a bull with "ass-less" chaps, so I can watch.

·
ride-a-holic
288 Posts
Four whole days of.....

bill105 said:
yeah, four whole 1 hour recaps of a 21 day stage race. whoopee frikkin doo.
What will be the best race of the year, likely as not!
A lot more challenging the Letour, and entertaining as well.
Wonder if anyone is going to show any Georgia coverage?
Good question about Discovery Channel. Races would be alot beyyer than watching some fat dude building motorcycles, or fixing up somebodys car. They dont evev show any good nature shows anymore.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
it's so important it's not listed on the web site. so as always its subject to change during the season. i believe OLN is going to have daily streaming of the Giro available on their site for a fee. i don't have access to Velonews to be sure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
truthfully i havent watched oln since the end of tdf. wasnt sure they would show any cycling this year other than the tour. i wouild have to say i would just as well our cable co drop oln for a better channel and just watch the bike races on the internet. i can see them live that way anyhow.

what ever happened to the "outdoor life" network showing actual outdoors shows without killing bambi?

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
bill105 said:
yeah, four whole 1 hour recaps of a 21 day stage race. whoopee frikkin doo.
Hopefully they'll have the live internet feed like they did last year. that was a decent compromise I thought. In fact anyone who could do a decent pay-per- view live webcast would have my business all year long. Hell I'd pay $5 for the classics and $20 for the Grand Tours. Times that by tens of thousands of cycling fans and that would add up quick if there are any entrepeneurs out there listening.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts