Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Yes...

turbomatic73 said:
Is OLN carrying any cycling coverage this year? I can't find anything on their website.
Tune in during the month o' July. Don't know if they're putting any Spring racing coverage on there, although I think this subject has been flogged to death over in General. Check out that thread over there. Not sure if there is any pertinent info in there as I didn't look at it before. But I think OLN bought rights to le Tour until out to 07 maybe?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
turbomatic73 said:
Is OLN carrying any cycling coverage this year? I can't find anything on their website.
The tour cameras will be affixed to the discovery team car when LA is riding shotgun and calling the shots.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
ESPN II will be covering the Tour of Cali with Bob Roll and Paul Sherwen. Saw Bob Roll a couple weeks ago and someone asked about OLN and he danced around the question so my guess is some things aren't ironed out yet.

·
Bike Dude
986 Posts
Hope OLN is onboard for the Classics

I always look forward to April for the Paris Roubaix. One of my favorite races. It usually indicates time for me to tear down my bikes, inspect and clean everything then begin the sickness our wives and girlfriends will never understand.

·
Bone idle wanker
742 Posts
turbomatic73 said:
There are 2 months worth of calendars on the OLN site re: program schedules. In March, on Sunday the 19th, there is a 5:00 pm listing for Milan-San Remo, followed by a program featuring Tirreno Adriatico. On the following Sunday at 5:00, there is a program note for Paris-Nice.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
giovanni sartori said:
ESPN II will be covering the Tour of Cali with Bob Roll and Paul Sherwen. Saw Bob Roll a couple weeks ago and someone asked about OLN and he danced around the question so my guess is some things aren't ironed out yet.
I am guessing things ARE ironed out and they won't cover much of anything. Their calender has never been an accurate indication since they cancelled stuff repeatedly.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Too bad OLN is not covering Tour de Georgia or Tour of Flanders like they did last year.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Velonews published OLN's schedule as well. I have to say my wife is more committed to me than OLN is to cycling and she left me 5 years ago.

That great Giro deal that everyone was making a deal about is nothing more than a low quality PPV webcast. RAI International is going to show more coverage in just their MSR live show than OLN is for the entire spring so F OLN and their bullriding, puck flicking, BBQ death match, reality show ******* programming. Bout time I learned me one of them thar ferrin languages anyhows.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Always..

terzo rene said:
Velonews published OLN's schedule as well. I have to say my wife is more committed to me than OLN is to cycling and she left me 5 years ago.

That great Giro deal that everyone was making a deal about is nothing more than a low quality PPV webcast. RAI International is going to show more coverage in just their MSR live show than OLN is for the entire spring so F OLN and their bullriding, puck flicking, BBQ death match, reality show ******* programming. Bout time I learned me one of them thar ferrin languages anyhows.
Could always watch stuff on cycling.tv

Being in America, we're pretty damn lucky to be getting the coverage that we do get from OLN, in my honest opinion. In a country dominated by ball sports, I think we're pretty lucky to get just some of it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
magnolialover said:
Could always watch stuff on cycling.tv

Being in America, we're pretty damn lucky to be getting the coverage that we do get from OLN, in my honest opinion. In a country dominated by ball sports, I think we're pretty lucky to get just some of it.
MAG for the first time I agree, I try to at least TIVO every race on TV so I can do my part for the ratings, and hoping it will get more popular for other networks to carry.
I dont want to seem like I am bashing America but ESPN and the poker scene is killing me. We are so fat in this country and now we got our major sports network airing lazy arse men laying around platin poker. Nothing against poker but its ashame they cant market cycling or tri's. I would much rather watch tape delayed cycling TIVoed at 4am in the morning instead of Jay Mohr playing poker, and still holding to Jerry McGuire.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
See..

Vel07 said:
MAG for the first time I agree, I try to at least TIVO every race on TV so I can do my part for the ratings, and hoping it will get more popular for other networks to carry.
I dont want to seem like I am bashing America but ESPN and the poker scene is killing me. We are so fat in this country and now we got our major sports network airing lazy arse men laying around platin poker. Nothing against poker but its ashame they cant market cycling or tri's. I would much rather watch tape delayed cycling TIVoed at 4am in the morning instead of Jay Mohr playing poker, and still holding to Jerry McGuire.
I knew we could come to an agreement about something out there. I on the TiVo train as well, love it, wouldn't want to have TV without it these days. The only thing I have to say about poker is, so hot right now (Zoolander reference). I've already got the Tour of California on record for next week, so I can catch the highlights. Cycling.tv is a good website, hard to watch sometimes unless you have one of those large assed flat monitors for your computer, but you can get live coverage on there for most races. It's hard to market tris and cycling in the US, it's not "exciting" enough for most people, and as I've said before, I have a hard time watching races, as they normally put me into slumber, and I actually like bike racing. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
31 Posts
turbomatic73 said:
Check some of the recent threads in this forum . someone posted the spring races and summer grand tour dates on OLn.

·
In-House Counsel
579 Posts
Check the link out I posted. The Giro will be covered, but no every day. I don't think cycling.tv is covering the giro, but I could be wrong. Great site though...check it out.

You may be able to get RAI depending on your provider, which will have the Giro.

There will also be some streaming coverage on the net somewhere.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So if I read this thread right, there's no way I'm going to see the Giro de Italia on tv here is the USA?

I saw a mention above about cycling.tv ?

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Rsix said:
So if I read this thread right, there's no way I'm going to see the Giro de Italia on tv here is the USA?

I saw a mention above about cycling.tv ?

Only a Sunday recap of the Giro will provided on TV. Don't know if they'll spend and hour or two hours a week on it.

Last year OLN offered a the entire Giro via webcast for about $6. Mind you it's was the direct feed which meant no commentary, on the plus side it also meant no commercials and uninterrupted coverage. I found it pretty easy to follow and the webcast to be of very satisfactory quality - it was a reasonable compromise.

I've heard rumors that Cycling.tv and OLN are exploring a collaberative partnership for at least some races this season so who knows? But Cycling.tv is bringing some great races this season. Amstel Gold, Tour de Suisse and Dauphine Libere amongst others. this is probably going to be the best year for stateside cycling viewing in the last 5-years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts