Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I do with my increasing collection of old parts (cranks, still-functional BBs, brake levers, derailleurs, etc.) that I've stripped from now-updated bikes? Toss them? Save 'em for building up frames scrounged from the trash? Most aren't nearly pretty enough to resell.

???????????

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Swap meet. Post pictures on here and for shipping you could maybe help out some folks get bikes back on the road. You would be surprised what people will buy.

·
Banned
14,484 Posts
jupiterrn said:
Swap meet. Post pictures on here and for shipping you could maybe help out some folks get bikes back on the road. You would be surprised what people will buy.
I think an RBR C,W Shipping-Only Swap Meet would be a great idea. I was just out in the barn today stripping some pedals off an old bike, and sighing at all the usable-but-not-by-me parts and bike frames and assorted bike stuff that needs a home.

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
Selling them on eBay is very easy, and you may be surprised how popular and easy to sell old bike parts are on eBay.
John

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
jmlapoint said:
Selling them on eBay is very easy, and you may be surprised how popular and easy to sell old bike parts are on eBay.
John
+1. Its why Al Gore invented Ebay, er or something like that.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dinosaur said:
Whatya got?
Well, off the top of the my head, a Stronglite crank from an old Schwinn Varsity (my original winter commuter for many years before it rusted into oblivion), the Sugino crank (53/42, 135mm BCD) that came stock on my '86 Miyata 710, the still-smooth square taper Shimano BB from the Miyata, Suntour cyclone FD and RD, Weinman aero brake levers, assorted pedals, assorted brakes (road and cantis), the solid fork from my Schwinn MTB (1 1/8, replaced with suspension), etc.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Mootsie said:
+1. Its why Al Gore invented Ebay, er or something like that.
No, no, no, you're wrong! Al Gore invented the Internet, not Ebay. I think Mr. E invented Ebay.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
Mr. Versatile said:
No, no, no, you're wrong! Al Gore invented the Internet, not Ebay. I think Mr. E invented Ebay.
no I didn't, but a spent a bunch of money there this week

Mr. E

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
and I still can't find Grateful Dead Colorforms..............

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mr. Versatile said:
And Santa was a business partner :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts