Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
So they're goint to cover the race live on the internet on Friday night. Awesome!

And then on Saturday morning they're going to show highlights in three thirty-minute segments each separated by two hours. Not so awesome.

JSR
 

· Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
JSR said:
So they're goint to cover the race live on the internet on Friday night. Awesome!

And then on Saturday morning they're going to show highlights in three thirty-minute segments each separated by two hours. Not so awesome.

JSR
I'm sure cyclingfans.com will have links to live internet coverage as well. I can't imagine the edited TV version will be worth watching.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
For those in Canada, it appears there will be more coverage on CBC and TSN of cycling than on NBC (at least on the television). Also, cbcsports.ca claims that there will be an un-interrupted stream of the road race "from start to finish" broadcast live online. We shall see.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
bradsmith said:
For those in Canada, it appears there will be more coverage on CBC and TSN of cycling than on NBC (at least on the television). Also, cbcsports.ca claims that there will be an un-interrupted stream of the road race "from start to finish" broadcast live online. We shall see.
In the US, the NBC site appears to indicate there will be live internet coverage of the end of the road race, from 2:30-5:30am east coast time.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
Dwayne Barry said:
In the US, the NBC site appears to indicate there will be live internet coverage of the end of the road race, from 2:30-5:30am east coast time.
Sigh, looks like they cut that down from the full 6.5 hour coverage which was listed just a few days ago. I guess the bean counters decided that the bandwidth costs had to trimmed down to the bare minimums. NBC sucks! Gonna have to find another country's site to get the live feed now, and use a proxy from that country since it'll likely do an IP check to see where you're located and grant/deny based on that.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
I went to that steephill site to check out the roster...pretty good read. I noticed apparently France has six people better than Chavenel, hard to believe. No Robbie McCewen, I know the course doesnt suit him but JJ Haedo, Julian Dean, Friere, Hunter etc are riding? Some continental riders like Stevic are in there which makes for a unique race. Spain has some high quality "domestiques" in two TDF winners. I hope the coverage uses a cycling commentator and not some all arounder like Hummer. Any chance they will enlist Phil/Paul for NBC coverage? It looks an awful lot like a Bettini course, no?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
I believe the stream is only visible in Canada, but not sure. The stream does not have commentary. On CBC television, however, they do have commentators. They're not bad at all, but they are taking the stance that a lot of people viewing are not used to watching cycling. Not sure if English commentary is available on a stream anywhere.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top