Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
canada is in a 3-way tie for 2nd in the medal standings right now......one medal ahead of the u.s. just saying.....
 

·
Rep *****.
Joined
·
9,795 Posts
cmatcan said:
canada is in a 3-way tie for 2nd in the medal standings right now......one medal ahead of the u.s. just saying.....
If you place the same value on bronze as you would gold then yes Canada leads the US by 1.:D

FYI, I'm still bitter about getting beaten by a Canadien high school hockey team 21-0 back in the 80's. And we were the state champions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
firstrax said:
If you place the same value on bronze as you would gold then yes Canada leads the US by 1.:D

FYI, I'm still bitter about getting beaten by a Canadien high school hockey team 21-0 back in the 80's. And we were the state champions.
heh heh heh, we usually only bother sending out most beat-up, coal-mining players to take on state champions too. not to rub it in.
but yes, i put as much value on bronze as i o on gold. why? because we have more bronze than we do gold :D
 

·
Rep *****.
Joined
·
9,795 Posts
cmatcan said:
heh heh heh, we usually only bother sending out most beat-up, coal-mining players to take on state champions too. not to rub it in.
I was not going to bring it up but yes the Canadian team was just some random team. Average at best in their own league. We scored 1 goal in six games. And one of our players later signed with the Bruins (suffered a career ending injury before the first game).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
firstrax said:
I was not going to bring it up but yes the Canadian team was just some random team. Average at best in their own league. We scored 1 goal in six games. And one of our players later signed with the Bruins (suffered a career ending injury before the first game).
yeah, back in the day, any group or 9 or 10 kids from any small canadian town coulda been a force to be reckoned with internationally. those days are definitely over, and while our one-dimensional domination as a hockey country might be a thing of the past as a fan of the sport it is great to see all kinds of countries with really strong programs now. hopefully the future will see the same kind of development happening on the womens side. this olympic final will be the first time it wasnt canada vs. usa in the finals, and thats a good sign.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top