Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see if any of you are going to take in the Olympics given that many of you are in the States? I'm in Shanghai and hadn't planned on going but got two corporate tix through a raffle. Bad news, the hotel, 40 minutes from the Bird's Nest, is $750USD per night and if I want to get transport, I have to hire a car for the entire day for about $1,100. Ha ha, capitalism at its best.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I've seen a bunch of articles recently talking about how all but the very best hotels are slashing prices. you should be able to pull 40% off on the phone, and even more in person. work a phone discount and get a room. then walk into a couple of hotels and work it hard in person. I've done this before, and it works. why can't you take a train?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
planes and hotels

Plane tix are the usual price, about $160 roundtrip, Shanghai-Beijing. The hotel, well when I booked, it was non-refundable but yes, the prices have dropped significantly in the last two weeks. Too late now but hey, it's not everyday that one gets a chance to go so.....

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,364 Posts
Being an Angeleno, I didn't have to go far to enjoy the '84 Olympics, but there's no question it was great fun. Enjoy yourself. Maybe I'll see you on the TV coverage.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
boneman said:
Plane tix are the usual price, about $160 roundtrip, Shanghai-Beijing. The hotel, well when I booked, it was non-refundable but yes, the prices have dropped significantly in the last two weeks. Too late now but hey, it's not everyday that one gets a chance to go so.....
We expect a full report.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.