Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man it can be really tough to watch (my power is back on so I'm watching the tube). Apollo tried to make an unnecessary pass and now he's out.
Tribute to Kwan coming up, feel bad for her. I heard interviewer ask her tonight, "now that your career at this level is over..." D*mn give the girl a break, it's gotta be tough enough without questions like that.

So comments? Whatcha enjoying, what's annoying, cool, interesting?

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
zeytin said:
Man it can be really tough to watch (my power is back on so I'm watching the tube). Apollo tried to make an unnecessary pass and now he's out.
Tribute to Kwan coming up, feel bad for her. I heard interviewer ask her tonight, "now that your career at this level is over..." D*mn give the girl a break, it's gotta be tough enough without questions like that.

ooooo snowboarding is fun to watch too. Maybe Kass fell because his pants were falling down, dudes undies were hanging out! Come on!

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
zeytin said:
ooooo snowboarding is fun to watch too. Maybe Kass fell because his pants were falling down, dudes undies were hanging out! Come on!
I love snowboarding. I'm not watching it right now. Plans for a long, candlelit bubble bath and some major skin exfoliation in the works for this evening. But someday I will own a cabin in the mountains and I will go nearly every seasonal weekend to snowboard. I used to have my own snowboard back when I had money to burn. I only got to use it once (drat this FL weather). Eventually I put it up on Ebay because I ran out of room for all the crap I was collectcing.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cmatcan said:
shaun white killed it in the half-pipe. i've gotta say though, i was happy to see bode miller and apollo anton ohno screw up. maybe apollo will finally shave that retarded little patch on his chin now.
Canada has watched Cindy Klassen and Beckie Scott miss out on medals, when they were heavy favorites, so the U.S. isn't the only one suffering those kinds of downfalls.

Anyone see the Norwegian XC skier that got in a crash, broke his ski, fell WAY behind, and somehow came all the way back to catch a silver medal??? that was legendary!
With my power going off and on all day I missed a lot; I would have loved to see that. I really like xcountry skiing.

·
Registered
727 Posts
shaun white killed it in the half-pipe. i've gotta say though, i was happy to see bode miller and apollo anton ohno screw up. maybe apollo will finally shave that retarded little patch on his chin now.
Canada has watched Cindy Klassen and Beckie Scott miss out on medals, when they were heavy favorites, so the U.S. isn't the only one suffering those kinds of downfalls.

Anyone see the Norwegian XC skier that got in a crash, broke his ski, fell WAY behind, and somehow came all the way back to catch a silver medal??? that was legendary!

·
Registered
727 Posts
zeytin said:
With my power going off and on all day I missed a lot; I would have loved to see that. I really like xcountry skiing.
yeah, i've always wanted to get into xc skiing. i did it a couple times when i was in jr. high and it was pretty fun. love snow-shoeing too. one of my buddies is a pretty competitive national-level ski racer here in canada, based outta canmore as many of our skiiers are.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cmatcan said:
yeah, i've always wanted to get into xc skiing. i did it a couple times when i was in jr. high and it was pretty fun. love snow-shoeing too. one of my buddies is a pretty competitive national-level ski racer here in canada, based outta canmore as many of our skiiers are.
We have so little snow the last few years (except for today) that it's been hard to keep up for me. I was thinking of heading out tomorrow to get some in. Last time I was at a salvation army they had a barrel of xcountry skiis and poles in the back, some of them good ones and in good shape, just hard to ski with no snow.

·
Registered
180 Posts
cmatcan said:
i was happy to see bode miller and apollo anton ohno screw up. maybe apollo will finally shave that retarded little patch on his chin now.
QUOTE]

So was I happy to see that Apollo Ohno dude not qualify. He ain't a clean player. He's got talent but his a$$wipe personality gets better of him. And I suppose his late nights finally caught up to Bode.

Olympic games are so wrought with politics it's atrocity. I see that they've finally changed the figure skating judging method...I hope it's a small sign of hope.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lsnfa said:
cmatcan said:
i was happy to see bode miller and apollo anton ohno screw up. maybe apollo will finally shave that retarded little patch on his chin now.
QUOTE]

So was I happy to see that Apollo Ohno dude not qualify. He ain't a clean player. He's got talent but his a$$wipe personality gets better of him.
The 2 SK guys looked so happy, I am happy for them.
Watched the Kwan retrospective that hurts man, I feel bad for her.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
zeytin said:
The 2 SK guys looked so happy, I am happy for them.
Watched the Kwan retrospective that hurts man, I feel bad for her.
Who is this Kwan person, and what happened to her?

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
FTF said:
Who is this Kwan person, and what happened to her?
Michelle Kwan, figure skater. Correction 9 national champs, 2 world championships but not one gold. She had an injury and had to quit, she's had bad luck at the Olympics, judges, injuries, etc.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
cmatcan said:

he has the most annoying soul patch ever. i never knew hair could be so annoying

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good night all, I'm pooped from all the shoveling today. Oh and the bottle of wine with my beef tenderloin marinated in a fume of Guiness, with gouda mashed potatoes (my 3rd birthday dinner this week, I'm gonna put on 30lbs for my 30b-day :( ).

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
cmatcan said:

Actually, Klassen won the bronze medal in the 3,000 m long track. She looked like she was struggling the last lap or two, but came in with an exceptional time. And the Canadian women's hockey team is really gearing up for its soon-to-be match with the US women, winning 16-0 against Italy and 12-0 against Russia. As for the Swedes, our big medal hope for today's biatholon is Anna-Carin Olofsson. She's won three events so far this year and is looking good today, though she will have stiff competition from the Russians, Germans, French, Ukranians and others.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
lsnfa said:
cmatcan said:
And I suppose his late nights finally caught up to Bode.
Not really. He was only .01 behind the leader and eventual silver at the last time check, and lost a chunk of time in the last sections. Close. The French dude had a heck of a run, which I liked to see, just like the woman in the 3000m speed skating who had a personal record and blew away the field. I love it when someone rise up above and beyond on the biggest stage of all.

I also love an PR performances in the olympics, regardless of placing.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
zeytin said:

I normally don't watch anymore. The dream teams killed it for me. I'm no longer interested. If we watch anything, it'll be the figure skating.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
KenB said:
I normally don't watch anymore. The dream teams killed it for me. I'm no longer interested. If we watch anything, it'll be the figure skating.
The curling is interesting. I enjoy the sports I usually cannot see and don't worry about sports with "dream teams" there is so much to see, I am glad a number of channels are covering so I can see lots of different stuff

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
I love watching the Olympics. I hate it when the announcers and programming play up the USA, USA, USA stuff too much. I want the Americans to win but can't we just watch and enjoy the competition and celebrate with every winner?

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
zeytin said:
The curling is interesting.
You gotta lay off the goofballs, dude. ;)

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
bigrider said:
I love watching the Olympics. I hate it when the announcers and programming play up the USA, USA, USA stuff too much. I want the Americans to win but can't we just watch and enjoy the competition and celebrate with every winner?
The "USA Channel" announcers don't seem to be too bad. They speak with respect of the Norwegian competitors; however it's true that there are other curling matches going on in the backgound and there is no coverage of those. For now I am more interested in the US v NW competition. Once/if the US is out then I'll want to know who the underdog or come-back team is and I'll want to watch their competitions.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts