Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Olympics cut down on big names showing up for nationals (AUG 30-31st) ? Or is there enough time to recover? Be nice to see Levi, George, Dave Z, Julich again. Throw in VDV and its gonna be awesome. I couildnt find a rider list for Greenville. I hope George and Levi (and VDV) ride the TT this year, that would be fun to watch especially this year with the new TT course where you can see them much of the way. I only remember Pate, Dave Z, Julich, as big names in the TT last year (+Hamilton).

· What offseason?
534 Posts
The Olympics probably won't affect the schedule for these guys - there are a couple weeks in between the two and it isn't like the Olympic events include a stage race... it's a long road race and a TT. The road events are over by 8/13 and that gives more than enough time to recover.

Now, whether VDV will be there - he hasn't gone in the past, but Slipstream has traditionally put a lot of focus on the road race. Maybe given Danny Pate's history of close calls at the US Pros, they'll give him some support.

It is worth pointing out that the Tour of Germany is 8/29 - 9/6. Leipheimer has won this before and been in contention the last two years - wouldn't be surprised if Hincapie was there as well

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would suck. I hope they all come to Greenville. VDV would have to be a favorite in the TT, Dave Z just nipped Pate at the line last year (if memory serves). Then again, maybe Levi will opt for some Euro racing he's probably craving right about now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.