Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a reward for the Seattle Death March this week a colleague and I went to the Bizzaro Italian Cafe in Seattle. We decided to look and see what 'Diners Drive Inns and Dives' recommened and it looked interesting. One of the best meals I've had Evar! The Linguine in clam sauce was amazing. It was nice to have a coworker who wanted to try something local instead of heading to Ruby Tuesday like we ended up doing in Atlanta. So the trip ended up having one great evening after 4 nights of late post-work meals.

This was a strange place on the inside but we didn't see much of the waiters being odd except for the wait staff meowing happy birthday to a patron.. A definite recommendation.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Looks fun. I travel almost every week for work and my co-workers/clients almost exclusively want to hit Ruby Tuesday's, TGIF's, Olive Garden, Chili's, etc. Those can be fine options in a pinch, but I usually prefer the local flavor.

·
Boobies!
8,163 Posts
Seattle is full of small, eccentric but good restaurants--glad you found one and had a small bit of fun.

You need to go back sometime when you can explore a little. We moved from there in 2000 and I still miss it--even the rain.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lampshade said:
Looks fun. I travel almost every week for work and my co-workers/clients almost exclusively want to hit Ruby Tuesday's, TGIF's, Olive Garden, Chili's, etc. Those can be fine options in a pinch, but I usually prefer the local flavor.
That's my co-irkers for the most part. I want local dives or restaurants. The Missus and I have a travel rule. No chains except when we're on the road trying to make time, then it's subway etc. At the destination or taking our time it's the local places.

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
VaughnA said:
That's my co-irkers for the most part. I want local dives or restaurants. The Missus and I have a travel rule. No chains except when we're on the road trying to make time, then it's subway etc. At the destination or taking our time it's the local places.
I agree with you 100%. ALWAYS the way to go. Occassionaly we'll find a clunker restaurant, but we've found a lot more fanstatic ones looking for the local flavor. It's 1million% better than eating at freaking Olive Garden or Applebees.

"Is there a good local place where you would you go eat breakfast/lunch/dinner?" is an often used question by me on vacation.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,265 Posts
Congrats on finding food nirvana. Gimme local food! Me and Sogno have even found good local food along Interstate Five between L.A. and Northern California. Though I must say that a McDonalds I went to in Geneva Switzerland, one afternoon, made an absolutely outstanding milkshake. Swiss cows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts