Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's killing it this season! His racing is awesome, especially in the Rainbow jersey!
I've seen no "Rainbow Curse" affect him! Which is great!
He seems calmer and more confident and he's riding super strong!
I saw him on Italian TV being interviewed and he speaks fluent Italian.
:confused: He dis look a tiny bit like Michael Jackson though. Maybe it's just me.

· Registered
220 Posts
The man has a jaw like no other, can take it on the chin and bounce back. I really like Cadel and have enjoyed watching him terrorize the Peloton this year, he is the LionHeart and has a good chance at winning this Giro. He's been counted out by too many people, it's his time. Don't know how long he can keep it up though, he my be burnt by the time the TdF rolls in. How bout a double for the worlds? Has anyone done that consecutively?

· LA CHEVRE
2,459 Posts
He has the opposite of the rainbow curse, it's a good luck jersey to him. He started to be a lethal racer about when he won the Worlds... It's great to see.

Isn't it a sprinter's World Championship course this year?

· Registered
98 Posts
Calmer!!!

cheddarlove said:
He's killing it this season! His racing is awesome, especially in the Rainbow jersey!
I've seen no "Rainbow Curse" affect him! Which is great!
He seems calmer and more confident and he's riding super strong!
I saw him on Italian TV being interviewed and he speaks fluent Italian.
:confused: He dis look a tiny bit like Michael Jackson though. Maybe it's just me.
Did you not see him swinging at not, 1 but 2 other cyclists in the peloton at the Giro?!
Nobody in the pro ranks really likes the guy, the press and media don't like him...the guy is kind of a jerk. I used to watch him as a pro MTB racer, and he was not as prickly and short fused as he is now.

· Registered
313 Posts
mootinator said:
Did you not see him swinging at not, 1 but 2 other cyclists in the peloton at the Giro?!
Nobody in the pro ranks really likes the guy, the press and media don't like him...the guy is kind of a jerk. I used to watch him as a pro MTB racer, and he was not as prickly and short fused as he is now.
That's why I've become a fan :D

· Registered
175 Posts
mootinator said:
C'mon, now... aside from what you've read in the media or on this silly forums, what could you possibly know about Cadel's personality or how many pros like or dislike him?

· Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mootinator said:

REALLY??:eek: OK, I don't like him anymore!
:rolleyes:

Daddy taught me an important lesson years ago. He said never watch someone you admire on a talk show,
they usually turn out to be A-holes.

· Registered
315 Posts
Kaleo said:
How bout a double for the worlds? Has anyone done that consecutively?
in recent history, paolo bettini took the worlds back-to-back (2006 and 2007 i think). i'm sure there are other back-to-back winners though.

cadel may do it, i think he's 3rd or 4th ranked. yet the course in geelong is preferred for sprinters, yet organisers may consider a route change all things considered?!?!

· Registered
384 Posts
I have loved watching Cadel ride this year
the win at the worlds was one of the best i have seen. it was just an amazing display of will power and stength
and to think he rides like this with a torn cruciate ligament in one of his knees that wont be fixed till he finishes racing

But before you take pot shots at him for throwing a few around the pelaton remember they didnt show what happened before yet again the replays only show the result not the corse

From what i can establish the other rider nearly took him out squeezing through the pelaton like an idiot nearly took out the whole pelaton

i would have punch the crap out of him to

The Worlds in Geelong in Vic Aust will surely go to a sprinter and Cavendish would be fav the High road boys have allready been out there riding the course sussing it out

Twiggy73

· Registered
1,067 Posts
still a whiny, pompous stuck up prick...although he is doing better SO FAR this year, he'll choke again at the tour.

anyone remember the "DON'T TOUCH ME" deal when he was getting interviewed lol

and him having his own painting (of himself) in his house?

hes just weird looking too.

Chad

· Registered
12,083 Posts
Nimitz said:
still a whiny, pompous stuck up prick...although he is doing better SO FAR this year, he'll choke again at the tour.

anyone remember the "DON'T TOUCH ME" deal when he was getting interviewed lol

and him having his own painting (of himself) in his house?

hes just weird looking too.

Chad

· Formosan Cyclocross
3,380 Posts
I have been silently rooting for Cadel since he wore the pink early in the race, but I just thought he might fade from contention and even worse that Vino might win. I guess I have been superficially against Vino because of his looks and Basso because I don't like the look of his name. Reason enough to hate in this sport, eh!

· Roadbike Rider
1,293 Posts
He is doing well without any team support. No wonder he was frustrated when guys were blocking him.

When George comes back to Europe he will help Cadel a lot, and not just his riding but in his role as a road captain.

I have always liked Cadel because he is an unlikely hero - a strong, hard-working, enormously talented, clean cyclist. The rest is just media personality. It say's very little about the real man compared to his accomplishments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.