Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
God I love my bike....53 miles solo.....feel great........that's all...carry on!

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finished up a 160 mile week...the weather has been cooperative...FINALLY

I would like to note....15 miles into a 20 mph headwind is not as much fun as one might think..........

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jupiterrn said:
Headwinds are just resistance training in Florida.
as they are in WI.........at least in FL the wind isn't quite as variable as it is here...NW, W....NNW......EAST..........NW...........arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I knew it was windy when I left the house...I rode into it for 15 miles....not complaining just commenting....lol (or is that whining?)

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
We have hills, ok more like humps, just more in the center of the state. I ride at the beach with ZERO elevation unless it is going over a bridge. The state is pretty much one big time trail course.

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
an ON ramp isn't a hill.......lol

I went to school in Fl.....spent most of 4 years there.....I sailed a LOT...except when it was TOO windy

I camped up in Jupiter a few times, got my VW van (1970) stuck on the beach one night......oops.....not allowed to have vehicles on the beach you say?.......well certainly not in the condition WE were in......we shouldn't have been allowed NEAR a vehicle. Good thing we didn't make it very far into the sand....

UT OH......we better get out of here before the cops come you say?......ok.....let all the air out of one rear tire..(fortunately we had the foresight to check which was the drive wheel.....)...wrap a rope around the rim and a palm tree and use it as a power winch...we may have been blasted out of our minds but we were still inventive...

ah...........the early 70's.........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.