Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· pass the hot sauce
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In years past, did Once switch to a pink kit for the TdF on their own, or was it mandatory? I ask because watching Koldo Gil today, on the podium putting on the leader's jersey, it just looked like he was still wearing his regular old kit.

At last year's TdF, Saunier Duval wore their standard, mostly yellow kit and the effect would have been about the same... the maillot jaune gets pretty much lost.

· Do not touch the trim.
2,383 Posts
mquetel said:
In years past, did Once switch to a pink kit for the TdF on their own, or was it mandatory? I ask because watching Koldo Gil today, on the podium putting on the leader's jersey, it just looked like he was still wearing his regular old kit.

At last year's TdF, Saunier Duval wore their standard, mostly yellow kit and the effect would have been about the same... the maillot jaune gets pretty much lost.
Saunier Duval switched to a mostly white jersey for the Tour last year, I think ASO asks teams to change. Mercatone Uno went to pink also like Once.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tour05/?id=tour0518/piepoli

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.