Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One flaw in an otherwise beautiful day.

I got an early start and headed over to the Capital Reflecting Pool on the off chance that there would be another spectacular sunrise.

It was good but not outstanding.

Then I headed down the Mall looking for photo ops.

I found some but one of them wasn't what I like. [email protected] protestors really ought to clean up after themselves, who do they think is going to do it? And what kind of impression to they make by trashing the place.

Miss M says (and she ought to know since she has been commuting up the Mall for more than 20 years now) that the various abortion groups are the worst for making a mess but this is the all too common result the day after a march in DC.

Oh well, at least I got an unusual photo out of their trash.

Then it was a quick pass by the Washington Monument and I am off to work.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since I took a different route to work in the morning I decided to also try something new after work too.

I headed over to the Ellipse and the Second Division Memorial and the Boy Scout Memorial. Love those hands.

Again the sunset was nice but not spectacular, I took some photos anyway.

For a winter day it really turned out well. Plus any day you get to ride through DC on a bike has to be good.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mosovich said:
your pics from the countryside? Farms, country roads etc.?
Back in the day it was all countryside. Several of the oldest walls and small buildings around the Mall were part of the Bullfinch Gate that was built to keep the cattle out of the Capital buildings.

Strange days indeed.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
I think the Capitol shot is spectacular! :D

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
MB1 said:
Back in the day it was all countryside. Several of the oldest walls and small buildings around the Mall were part of the Bullfinch Gate that was built to keep the cattle out of the Capital buildings.

Strange days indeed.
How is the weather now? It looks kind of cool there. I spent four winters in Va Beach so would imagine the weather is similiar. The rainy season has started so I get soaked most days. The Pearl Harbor MUT had several puddles this morning that were deep enough to dip my foot as I pedalled through. Good thing I wear SPD sandals. I haven't taken any shots lately due to the weather. I carry my camera in my rack bag to keep it out of the heavy rain so it is not ready for a quick draw. Rode with Ray B on Sunday. Spent most of the ride breathing through my ears. The man is not human.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bigbill said:
How is the weather now? It looks kind of cool there. I spent four winters in Va Beach so would imagine the weather is similiar. The rainy season has started so I get soaked most days. The Pearl Harbor MUT had several puddles this morning that were deep enough to dip my foot as I pedalled through. Good thing I wear SPD sandals. I haven't taken any shots lately due to the weather. I carry my camera in my rack bag to keep it out of the heavy rain so it is not ready for a quick draw. Rode with Ray B on Sunday. Spent most of the ride breathing through my ears. The man is not human.
The weather? Well it is winter. The area has been slightly warmer, windier and much wetter than normal for this time of the year so no big snowfalls but the rivers and streams are close to overflowing and trees are coming down all over the place.

Riding with Ray B and Dick Evans got me in really good shape back in the day. I always seemed to do much better against them on training rides then in races where they normally rode away from everyone. Good times.......

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zeytin said:
I think the Capitol shot is spectacular! :D
It turned out pretty well but I am going to have to get back there more often-I want to get the same shot with the sky on fire. Plus it gives me something to do in the morning.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Nice

Like this shot. Lack of clouds actually improved it I think.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Any reason why the left brake hood higher than the left ? Is that something to do with you always hand hold you camera with your right hand while shooting on the saddle, what do I know !

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm thinking it is just the camera angle making it look that way.

kai-ming said:
Any reason why the left brake hood higher than the left ? Is that something to do with you always hand hold you camera with your right hand while shooting on the saddle, what do I know !
OTOH it could be the mechanic messed up again. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts