Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to eat three Swanson's Hungry Man Dinners and drink a 12-pack of Bud Light while watching some kind of sporting event on TV. Then I'm going to throw up and/or have diarrhea. I'll post some pics.

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
mickey-mac said:
I'm going to eat three Swanson's Hungry Man Dinners and drink a 12-pack of Bud Light while watching some kind of sporting event on TV. Then I'm going to throw up and/or have diarrhea. I'll post some pics.
Man... rethink!

Hungry Man? Bud Lite? Sporting event (other than cycling, what is there?)

Hungry Man Dinners will not make your stong enough to puke... they've been preserved so nothing will be spoiled.

But Lite, that is nothing more than flavored H2O.

Nah...takes more than that to be and NCDer.

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
...........6 dinners (yarble could eat more) and Old Milwaukee or PBR is the formula, and NASCAR is the event..............

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
mickey-mac said:
Hey, wait a minute...do I work with you???

Bud Light is the "beer" of choice with most of my co-workers.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Lemme know, retard. I'll do it too.

Salbury steak, chicken fried steak and a pot pie. Oh, and I'll drink Hamm's or Keystone.

Who else is in?

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice work

sn69 said:
Salbury steak, chicken fried steak and a pot pie. Oh, and I'll drink Hamm's or Keystone.

Who else is in?
Salisbury Steak is definitely on my Hungry Man menu. In fact, I was thinking about starting and finishing with the SS dinner. I just need to figure out what to jam in between. I must admit, however, I'm reconsidering the Bud Light in favor of something that is more filling and has a fuller taste that makes it harder to choke down. I'd go with some sort of malt liquor, but a 12-roll of that stuff would do me in. Maybe Burgiemeister.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
How 'bout Mickey's Big Mouth?

Apropos on so many levels.

Oh, and I plan on wearing a wife-beater while eating.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
sn69 said:
Apropos on so many levels.

Oh, and I plan on wearing a wife-beater while eating.
i think the uniform required to eat a hungry man is a filthy 'white' wife beater, dirty skanky jeans, and some form of house slippers.

i think i had one once when i was like 6. i remember begging my mom for it at the market and then finding out it tasted like crap. the mashed potatoes taste like water and pancake mix

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
I'm thinkin the brew of choice would have to be PBR or Old Milwalkee. Need to have a cig dangling out the side of yer mouth, too, for maximum effect. Post a pic!

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
yarble said:
i think the uniform required to eat a hungry man is a filthy 'white' wife beater, dirty skanky jeans, and some form of house slippers.

i think i had one once when i was like 6. i remember begging my mom for it at the market and then finding out it tasted like crap. the mashed potatoes taste like water and pancake mix

Man, I live for feats of eating. Daytona is coming up, too bad it comes on in the morning out here, but that only adds to the wrongness. I was thinking of two, three meat plate lunches with potato salad, baked beans, and macaroni salad. I would change a couple of things with your required uniform. I would wear white socks that I have worn to and from the mailbox a few times, and some old shorts that I would never wear in public.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
mickey-mac said:
This is some sort of masochistic abuse. I encourage you to rethink... and go for the Chicken Pot Pie and Sierra NV pale ale. So much healthier ;-)

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm going big

mickey-mac said:
I've decided against the Salisbury Steak Sandwich. Instead, I'm going to start with the country fried beef steak dinner with green bean and smashed taters. After degreasing with a couple of beers, I'll move on to the white meat entree: The XXL Backyard Barbecue Dinner with rib-shaped meat products and more smashed taters. Another beer or two and I'm on to the final course: The much-anticipated Salisbury Steak dinner, with even more smashed taters and some kind of crumbly apple "dessert" like product. The beer of choice will be Schlitz, the Beer that Made Milwaukee famous. I'll do my best to knock out the entire 12-pack, but if I feel like I'm in danger of doing permanent damage, I may stop before emptying the entire pack.

My family will be out of town next week, so I'm tentatively scheduling this for Saturday evening. They shouldn't be home until Sunday evening, so I'll have all Sunday to recover. Now I need to find a live sporting event that's worthy of this meal or tape-record something and pretend I'm watching it live. I think I'll use an ice chest so I don't have to keep making fridge runs. I'm also considering Depends so I can cut out the bathroom runs. TIA for your support.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
My wife threw out my madras plaid shorts.

Gawd they were great with a white undershirt, black dress socks and a ballcap.

As for FoE, I'm a big fan too. Carrier thing...eat til you're sleepy, sleep til you're eaty.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
The first one makes me hungry, and

I just finished dinner.

Alright, Goon, here's the dealio. I'm headed north tomorrow night, either to San Simeon to ride south to Manhatan Beach or to Death Valley to run the double route, weather depending.

My strap-on-the-feedbag-n-yuke-festival will have to wait at least one night.

I want photos, though. You're a reformed punk, a lawyer and therefore cannot be trusted.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sn69 said:
I just finished dinner.

Alright, Goon, here's the dealio. I'm headed north tomorrow night, either to San Simeon to ride south to Manhatan Beach or to Death Valley to run the double route, weather depending.

My strap-on-the-feedbag-n-yuke-festival will have to wait at least one night.

I want photos, though. You're a reformed punk, a lawyer and therefore cannot be trusted.
I will document every excruciating moment with photographic representations of the carnage and post the pics here. However, I plan to do everyone a favor and leave the camera outside the bathroom. If I manage to get up and ride the following morning, I expect to be exalted, at least temporarily, as the King of the Lounge. If I do ride on Sunday, I'll post pics of that too, including any bent over the top tube hurling at the side of the road shots.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
mickey-mac said:
My family will be out of town next week, so I'm tentatively scheduling this for Saturday evening. They shouldn't be home until Sunday evening, so I'll have all Sunday to recover. .
Here's what I suggest. Meet us (four of us Reno beer judging buddies) in San Fran for some fun and beer judging. We'll have a blast and you won't have to face such terror. We have a suite. Bring a sleeping bag and you won't have to drive home. We start at the Toronado and work our way around. Just say yes, you won't regret it...

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
mickey-mac said:
I must admit, however, I'm reconsidering the Bud Light in favor of something that is more filling and has a fuller taste that makes it harder to choke down. I'd go with some sort of malt liquor, but a 12-roll of that stuff would do me in. Maybe Burgiemeister.
Mmmm, Burgie. My favorite cheap beer was always Black Label. I was just looking it up. Quite a history. Maybe not available anymore? :confused:

http://heymabelblacklabel.com/id23.htm

Another good one was Schaefer. Are they gone, too?

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
I just farted in anticipation.

This will be fun.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Nope

The main liquor store in Coronado still carries "Shaffee-ay."

1 - 20 of 42 Posts