Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
eminence grease
Joined
·
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to charge my iPad just now and it wouldn't. Blamed the outlet, because it clearly couldn't be my iProduct. Tried more outlets, discovering that every outlet in the house was dead. Stupid defective house.

Switched chargers - still dead. Switched cables - charging commenced.

I'm shocked and dismayed. My world is upside down. I wonder if there will be a free replacement offering?
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
terry b said:
Tried to charge my iPad just now and it wouldn't. Blamed the outlet, because it clearly couldn't be my iProduct. Tried more outlets, discovering that every outlet in the house was dead. Stupid defective house.

Switched chargers - still dead. Switched cables - charging commenced.

I'm shocked and dismayed. My world is upside down. I wonder if there will be a free replacement offering?
<img src=https://www.fresnobeehive.com/archives/assets_c/2009/02/fail-owned-pork-fail-thumb-400x300-17186.jpg>
 

·
No hero that's understood
Joined
·
6,100 Posts
Chinese electric and New Mexican electric work on completely different principles. Perhaps the cable just got confused and needs a moment to process.
 

·
"El Bwana"
Joined
·
4,399 Posts
terry b said:
Tried to charge my iPad just now and it wouldn't. Blamed the outlet, because it clearly couldn't be my iProduct. Tried more outlets, discovering that every outlet in the house was dead. Stupid defective house.

Switched chargers - still dead. Switched cables - charging commenced.

I'm shocked and dismayed. My world is upside down. I wonder if there will be a free replacement offering?
The problem is that you haven't upgraded to the iOutlet.
 

·
eminence grease
Joined
·
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
q_and_a said:
Chinese electric and New Mexican electric work on completely different principles. Perhaps the cable just got confused and needs a moment to process.
You may be on to something, this is one of the cables that I travel with. Perhaps it's just used to that 240v standard.

Maybe I'll put it out on the porch and let it get some fresh air and sunshine.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,954 Posts
PDex said:
The problem is that you haven't upgraded to the iOutlet.
They only sell that packaged in iHouse. Sure it costs 40% more per square foot and none of your furniture fits, but it comes in white!
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
Coolhand said:
They only sell that packaged in iHouse. Sure it costs 40% more per square foot and none of your furniture fits, but it comes in white!
Can get someone from the Genius bar to unclog the toilet?
 

·
Fly on a windshield
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
terry b said:
Tried to charge my iPad just now and it wouldn't. Blamed the outlet, because it clearly couldn't be my iProduct. Tried more outlets, discovering that every outlet in the house was dead. Stupid defective house.

Switched chargers - still dead. Switched cables - charging commenced.

I'm shocked and dismayed. My world is upside down. I wonder if there will be a free replacement offering?
You are just holding it the wrong way. :D
 

·
haole from the mainland
Joined
·
5,962 Posts
Yes, you will get a free replacement. One of my cables was wearing badly and since I was in the warranty period, I got me a new one for free.
 

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
30,792 Posts
Coolhand said:
They only sell that packaged in iHouse. Sure it costs 40% more per square foot and none of your furniture fits, but it comes in white!
Make sure to Repair Permissions before using your new iHouse with your iJunk.
 

·
eminence grease
Joined
·
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Creakyknees said:
I took your advice and called him off. Instead I went outside and filled all the water tanks and laughed when our big dumb gelding got hung up in a fence when he was trying to get up from rolling.
 

·
Steaming piles of opinion
Joined
·
10,503 Posts
That cable is now obsolete. Please purchase the newest model with the upgraded service agreement.
 

·
Sticky Valentine
Joined
·
28,404 Posts
I had to buy an $80 charger for my five year old Macbook last week.

I was editing some photos and I smelled that very distinct "plastic melting because of electricity" smell.

I looked down and coating had already melted from around the wires.

$80 for a charger... that seems insane to me.


joe
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top