Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sebastian, our Siamese, used to be an indoor/outdoor cat before we inherited him. I don't do the indoor/outdoor thing, so we converted him into an indoor cat...or so we thought.

He somehow slipped out unnoticed this morning when my daughter left for school. I noted his absence about an hour after she left and started looking for him. No dice. She also canvassed the neighborhood when she came home from school, and nobody has seen him. He still has all his claws, so I know he can defend himself, but my house is a little more rural than the subdivision he used to roam. I hope he will be okay.

Here's my boy. I hope he comes home soon.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Oh no .... I hope he comes home soon.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,154 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Handsome boy. Clank a cat food can yet?
Surprisingly, that really works!

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thinkcooper said:
Handsome boy. Clank a cat food can yet?
They eat dry food but I may try opening some tuna near an open window if he's not home when I get there today.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Here's sending some tuna vibes there so kitty goes home.

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
what about shaking the dry food bag? our cat doesn't care for wet food, but a little shake of kibble gets her running. i hope your boy comes home soon.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
My mom has a cat that thinks its a dog. He's an indoor/outdoor, but my mom always tries to get him inside at night. Most of the time if you go out on the back deck and call his name he'll come running to you.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
good luck....hopefully he comes home safely. we've had one of our indoors get out a time or two...so i know it's nerve racking....

//more good thoughts sent your/his way

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
Poor kitteh! I hope he comes home soon.

Since some of the others are declawed, is he top dog around the house? Or does Fluffy just sit on him?

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
I was six when I received the most skittish kitteh in the world. She wouldn't let anyone touch or even see her...except for me. Naturally, she became my bestest kitteh friend.

After I left for college, she lived with my mom while I was a freshmen. That same year, I ended up in the hospital for a few nights with some illness or another. As I was getting ready to be discharged, my mom finally told me the secret she'd been holding onto since I was in the hospital - my kitteh had been missing for 4 days.

"Mom, leave the garage door open just a crack. If she's going to come back inside, she'll want to sneak back inside."

The next day, I get a call. "I just saw her zoom across the living room and run under your bed!"

Anyway. Run the can opener. Shake the bag. Crack the garage door. Kittehs are wild predators by nature and are damned good at handling themselves. It's only been a day, though I know it's been one looooooong day for you, but kittehs like their adventures. I'm sure he'll be home very soon. Keep us updated.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
randi_526 said:
My mom has a cat that thinks its a dog. He's an indoor/outdoor, but my mom always tries to get him inside at night. Most of the time if you go out on the back deck and call his name he'll come running to you.
I used to have a cat that would come when you whistled. It also came if you called it's name.

About 8 years ago we had a cat go missing. After a few days we thought he was gone for good. 9 days after he went missing he stolled back in the back door. A lot skinier than he was before. We figured he got locked into someone garage while they went on vacation. Bad timing.

He's still around. Has some kidney problems, but is still hanging around getting old.

Hang in there Lets_Ride.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Good luck!
I just lost my kitten... She became very very sick and the vet decided it was something in her brain.. nothing we could really do. I put her to sleep saturday. 6 months old and I'll never forget her. She was my first pet that I can truly say is mine. I'm crushed right now and every time I come home I look for her still. I hope you find your cat..

·
Meow!
1,449 Posts
I hope he comes home soon, L_R. One of my kittehs escaped once thanks to a roommate's negligence. Thankfully, she didn't go far, but I was beside myself all the same. Hopefully, Sebastian will come home when he gets his fill of the Real World. Keep some food out and a door or window open if you can. Keep us posted.

·
Review RoadBike Member
1,561 Posts
My sister took our cat with her when she moved from my moms house, she moved about 6 miles away. He always tried getting out but since she was in town she wouldn't let him out to roam. One day he slipped by her and took off like a bolt. She lost him. About 8 or 9 days later, my mom was just getting home from work and out from the bushes jumps Sam, our cat. He found his way home. don't give up just yet. Sam would disappear for a week or more at a time.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Bummer! He's a cool cat and I'm not a big cat person. I hope he comes home soon.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the concern, everyone. I should have been asleep hours ago, but I've been walking and driving around looking for my kitteh. I tried the tuna, rattling the cat food bag, calling for him (he actuallly comes when called...in fact, he comes no matter which kitteh you're calling because he is such a lovey) and still no sign of Sebastian.

Hopefully he is just living it up and will come back in a few days.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
lets_ride said:
Thanks for the concern, everyone. I should have been asleep hours ago, but I've been walking and driving around looking for my kitteh. I tried the tuna, rattling the cat food bag, calling for him (he actuallly comes when called...in fact, he comes no matter which kitteh you're calling because he is such a lovey) and still no sign of Sebastian.

Hopefully he is just living it up and will come back in a few days.
Damn. Hopefully he's just hangin out with some babe kittehs and well, having an overnight stay or so.

Good luck and may kitty return soon (even if he has a new girlfriend).

1 - 20 of 62 Posts