Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last week we managed to pass our yearly rainfall average, so from here on, it's on to bigger and better, and from the look out the window, we may be headed for a new record. Still in all I have managed quite a few miles considering it never warmed up until June and even at that, I was wearing arm warmers and a wind vest into mid july! The past 12 days have been reasonable, well, other than the one thunder storm I got caught in. It is POURING out right now and I am almost glad to have a day off from riding. 2032 miles ytd 406 for the past 12 days, and 793 for July.

OH!!!!!! yeah, I couldn't have chosen a better summer to build the wood shed, 4 cords under roof, absolutely bone dry!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I think we passed our annual average rainfall by the end of March. Maybe it was early April. Now we've only had one day with measurable rain in the last 2 months. Almost a repeat of the 2015 drought. No rain in sight. And since late Tuesday we've had a smoky haze in the sky that has drifted south from the 150 wildfires occurring in B.C.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
here on the 'wet coast' . we've had about 1 day of rain in the last 2 months. Midst of our usual summer drought, but this time with temps 20 degrees above normal.

The rain will switch on again in October, like clockwork, and run till next June.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Here in bayou country, we've had good rain, but I'm not sure if it's above or below average. Yards and crops seem to be doing pretty good. On a ride earlier this week, I noticed that one farmer was harvesting his corn. Cotton, corn, sugar cane, soybeans looking good so far.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think we passed our annual average rainfall by the end of March. Maybe it was early April. Now we've only had one day with measurable rain in the last 2 months. Almost a repeat of the 2015 drought. No rain in sight. And since late Tuesday we've had a smoky haze in the sky that has drifted south from the 150 wildfires occurring in B.C.
You are welcome to some of ours if you are interested, i could collect it if you ship me buckets!

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
here on the 'wet coast' . we've had about 1 day of rain in the last 2 months. Midst of our usual summer drought, but this time with temps 20 degrees above normal.
this is the only time of year i will ride in the wee hours of the morn.

looking forward to the middle of the month when these record highs should be behind us. we'll be back in the 70s for highs, and i'll be back on the bike in the afternoon.

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,421 Posts
It's actually a pouring-rain T-storm right now. My lawn is growing like a jungle this year, and I tried to get at least the front lawn mowed after work, but I got half-way through, then it started to pour! Now I have a half-mowed front lawn, and no time to finish it before Saturday.

BTW, I just got myself some clip-on fenders....

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
That's what she said :D .

·
Proud luddite
7,232 Posts
Oddly enough southern AZ has had a record breaking summer monsoon rainfall this year. Nothing like the rain that other areas get but it's a lot for us. And that was after the hottest June on record.

·
Avid smart-ass
67 Posts
I ride mostly gravel/dirt here in the Mid-Atlantic, and it's been a bust this year. Seems to rain every weekend or just before, especially July. Started driving about one and a half hours away to ride a paved MUT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts