Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

One way to stay warm on a cool day - FIRE!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MShaw 
#1 ·
Check this out....my friends and I were riding through the backroads of Texas and came upon a controlled burn. Made for interesting riding and a nice pic. Props to ME for taking a picture while riding through smoke and debris and NOT crashing!!

#3 ·
pearlbeer said:
Check this out....my friends and I were riding through the backroads of Texas and came upon a controlled burn. Made for interesting riding and a nice pic. Props to ME for taking a picture while riding through smoke and debris and NOT crashing!!
I bet it also glued a few sooty particulates to the inside of your lungs as well cycling through all of that stuff :D

#5 ·
Carrying cameras

pearlbeer said:
We were riding Lake Granbury, south of DFW.

I've never carried my camera when I ride. Seems a lot of you guys do, now. Do anything special for it? If you're shooting while riding, I'm guessing you're carrying it in the jersey pocket? Any concern about excessive sweat hurting the camera? If I get my work done (hmm, not contributing to that much right now, am I), I'm hoping to down south of FW to get in a ride around Lake Benbrook this afternoon. Maybe you'll inspire me to take my camera.

#6 ·
Multiply that by a few hundred thousand acres...

pearlbeer said:
...and a week long burn, and you've got the idea of what San Diego looked like recently!

Ugh.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.