which bike to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Home Brew User!
2,810 Posts
Bike #10 Kicks A$$

Are you looking for a racing bike, a touring bike, a tri bike, a MTB, a century bike?

Are you concerned with looks, having a impressive name on it, or having the only one of it kind in your area?

Are you 150 lbs or 300 lbs?

Is the frame, wheels or components most important?

Your question is way to broad but I think I know where you are heading so I'll save everybody some time.

Frame 2.7 Pound A6 Quaternary Phase Butted Multi-Shape Aluminum
+ Dual bottle mounts + replaceable derailleur hanger, Integrated Headtube

Fork Aero FC-440 SL High Modulus Carbon Fiber with Carbon Steerer

Derailleurs NEW Shimano Ultegra 6600 10 Speed (20 Spd total) front and rear

Shifters NEW Shimano Ultegra 6600 10 Speed STI (20 Speed total)

Brakes Cane Creek SCR-5 ($150 MSRP) with Cartridge pads Gloss Black finish

Hubs Top of the Line - American Classic Sealed Precision Bearing Black Anodized

Rims FREE- SPECIAL FACTORY UPGRADE TO American Classic 420 with CNC sides, Aero Deep Section Rims and Radial Stainless Butted Spokes MSRP $899 (NO published Rider weight limit)

Crank FSA SLK Carbon Fiber ISIS spline 10 Speed 50/36 T

Bottom Bracket TruVativ Ultralight Sealed Cartridge ISIS spline 68x108 Hollow Spindle

Cassette/chain NEW 2006 Shimano Ultegra 6600 10 Speed 11-23 T / Shimano NEW 2006 Ultegra CN-HG6600 10speed chain

Saddle Moto SLR Ti Rail 180g

Seatpost Ritchey WCS Road 250x27.2

Stem Ritchey WCS OS (90/100/110 Proportional Sized - No Custom Size Options)

Headset Cane Creek IS2 Sealed Cartridge Bearing Integrated

Handlebars Ritchey WCS OS Butted Aluminum Bar (40/42/44 Proportional Sized - No Custom Size Options)

Pedals email us for special preferred customer pedal pricing at [email protected]

Tires Vittoria Diamante Prolite 700x23c

Color Ferrari Gloss Black, Plutonium Silver

Sizes 49cm, 52 cm, 54 cm, 56 cm, 58 cm, 61cm
(Center of BB to Top of Seatpost Clamp/collar -
just like Trek and Fuji 2006 Roubaix SL www.fujibikes.com)

With $5.00 to spare!

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any other bikes?

LL - you sure are a weird dude
I only suspected that you were paranoid- now I am pretty certain

this is road bike review is it not?
I am looking for a r o a d b i ke
but I think you know that and were being sarcastically unhelpful

I have seen that bike but don't know enough about all the ins and outs of the parts to know if that is a good deal or not

this is where I ask for help from rbr members as this is supposed to be a helpful community online so that we can make wise buying decisions - just like online camerareview sites, projector review sites, computer review sites etc

background info is that I weigh 145 and 5'7"
and YES - I want the best deal I can get for a $1300 road bike

thanks in advance to all of you who give me legitimate help
:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Opinions are like noses...

or something like that, I dunno. The moral of the story is I've got yet another idea.
You might want to look at one of the bike specials from GVHbikes.com--I think it is an Ultegra Viner. Italian made frame, Ultegra kit. You get a lot of real bike for the price, not a lot of hype and unreliability.

I'm just sayin.

brerabbit2 said:
All right- I have been lurking these forums for quite a while since I bought my first road bike and sought and got good advice here on what size seatpost for the ebay bike I was considering...

Now I want another bike and I want to spend $1300 delivered -

I can wrench the bike myself - it aint rocket science...

I KNOW how to fit myself -

I want the MOST bang for the buck on a NEW bike - seems like online is the place but it is a bit dizzying to sort out all the specs

so- I rely on you guys- what bikes are available online - who has the best deal and WHY?

thanks in advance

·
Home Brew User!
2,810 Posts
elvisVerde said:
or something like that, I dunno. The moral of the story is I've got yet another idea.
You might want to look at one of the bike specials from GVHbikes.com--I think it is an Ultegra Viner. Italian made frame, Ultegra kit. You get a lot of real bike for the price, not a lot of hype and unreliability.

I'm just sayin.
Sure the Viner is hand made but does it have "A6 Quaternary Phase Butted Multi-Shape Aluminum" Tubes?

·
Registered
21 Posts
uh, is this poll broken or is it me?

brerabbit2 said:
All right- I have been lurking these forums for quite a while since I bought my first road bike and sought and got good advice here on what size seatpost for the ebay bike I was considering...

Now I want another bike and I want to spend $1300 delivered -

I can wrench the bike myself - it aint rocket science...

I KNOW how to fit myself -

I want the MOST bang for the buck on a NEW bike - seems like online is the place but it is a bit dizzying to sort out all the specs

so- I rely on you guys- what bikes are available online - who has the best deal and WHY?

thanks in advance
Um, retract my vote b/c I don't know what I voted for. All I see is a list of bike numbers, nothing else, like a model name or manufacturer. Anyone else have this problem?

If I were in a pinch, I'd go with bike 6, because 6 is a good number. Of course 1 is pretty important, too. Couldn't have any of the others without 1. OTOH, 1 _is_ the loneliest number that you'll ever do.... yeah, I'll stick with 6.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Totally Clueless

I don't know what the choices are, but I voted for #10. If it's good enough for Lifelover, it must be good enough for me.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some Help Please-

RBWPI said:
I don't know what the choices are, but I voted for #10. If it's good enough for Lifelover, it must be good enough for me.
Sorry- I am new to this forum and was not sure how to set up the poll
seems like I am getting flak for this instead of help

I love to shop online and was so happy to find this site when I was considering a new bike purchase.
but now - I am getting the impression that there is very little in the way of useful help available from the forum members for online shopping of bikes - instead of help, I seem to be met with sarcasm and immaturity

It is really weird to me- I have posted similarly on a computer forum and asked about the best computer for my budget and every answer was helpful

I asked an audio review site what is the best receiver to buy online for my budget and every answer there was helpful

I thought road bike review was a good place to get help finding a deal for online stuff but it seems to not be the case...although I am still holding out hope

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
brerabbit2 said:
Sorry- I am new to this forum and was not sure how to set up the poll
seems like I am getting flak for this instead of help

I love to shop online and was so happy to find this site when I was considering a new bike purchase.
but now - I am getting the impression that there is very little in the way of useful help available from the forum members for online shopping of bikes - instead of help, I seem to be met with sarcasm and immaturity

It is really weird to me- I have posted similarly on a computer forum and asked about the best computer for my budget and every answer was helpful

I asked an audio review site what is the best receiver to buy online for my budget and every answer there was helpful

I thought road bike review was a good place to get help finding a deal for online stuff but it seems to not be the case...although I am still holding out hope
So\what are the choices? I only see 1 - 10?

·
Registered
616 Posts
brerabbit2 said:
I will repost this question without the poll - sorry
See the first two posts...kinda hard to beat that deal. Some people on here don't like BikesDirect, but then again, if you gave them a brick of gold, they'd complain that it was too heavy to carry...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.