Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding for the last 18 years with 10 years of racing. Over these years, I have and sold many bikes. Now I have 5 bikes in my garage.

I am older with a family and a full time job, I simply don't have the luxury to race or ride every weekend. I still love to ride but I have only ridden a dozen of times this year. I have bikes that haven't seen any the sunlight in over a year.

I already put up my Freeride Hardtail for sale. That bike have seen any dirt for over a year because I have lost complete interest in riding in the North Shore of Vancouover. It is not the money that I need, but I rather to have the bike to be ridden than sit in my garage. My BMX bike will probably be the next to go.

With the limited time that I have, I wll be spending more time on the road in the future. don't think I will only have one bike. I just want to keep a 'cross bike(double as road bike), a mountain bike, and my commuter.

Has any sold their bikes because they have limited time to ride them and rather to see their bikes be ridden than collecting dust?

· Registered
665 Posts
I did

I sucked at collecting. I ended up with not one but two Marinoni's. Great bikes but not high on a collectors scale at this time. Plus I had a '82 Colnago.
I went Modern with a Strong and then found a Moots.

I (sadly and with remorse)sold both Marinoni's and the Colnago. Then I parted out my commuter, and replaced it with a Douglas Ti.

No more collecting or wall art for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.