Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
First of all

Thanks for the top billing! Second, I guess Floridians like the job she did enough to elect her to a Congressional seat. Last, were any laws shown to have been broken?

I am sure the Democrats were counting on those fellon votes. They sure did here in NY, when Hillarity ran for the Senate :D

Oh the sky is a fallin"! :eek:

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Cory..great hit piece!

It really gets my vote of credibility with the rap music and catchy graphics. The fact that its not been on the Peter Jennings Show should cause you to question it though. But hey, check the link below!!! I think you might be gettin a call from Kerry because of your past complaints on this board about WalMart. You better get with the program or research what the Kerrys own before blasting Amurica's darling.

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU FEB 26, 2004 20:35:09 ET XXXXX

HEINZ BLASTS WAL-MART; OWNS $1 MILLION IN STOCK, PURCHASED BULK IN '02

Teresa Heinz Kerry blasted WAL-MART last week week -- but an investigation reveals she has over $1,000,000 in WAL-MART stock, and purchased a ton of it throughout 2002!

MORE

"Another thing that drives me crazy, and I hope I don't offend anyone here, is WAL-MART," Mrs. Kerry told a group of Democratic women activists at a luncheon in St. Paul last Tuesday. "They destroy communities."

Teresa Heinz Reality:

H.J. Heinz III Marital Trust

Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Assets: Over $1,000,000
Dividends, Income: $2,501 - $5,000
Transactions:

04/04/02: Purchase: $500,001 - $1,000,000
04/05/02: Purchase: $500,001 - $1,000,000
06/04/02: Purchase: $15,001 - $50,000
06/06/02: Purchase: $50,001 - $100,000
11/13/02: Purchase: $50,001 - $100,000
11/14/02: Purchase: $15,001 - $50,000

xx

http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjk9.htm

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
You also may note ...

that of Heinz 79 production plants, 57 of them are off shore in other countries. :confused: Hey you think that number has a special meaning ;)

bill105 said:
It really gets my vote of credibility with the rap music and catchy graphics. The fact that its not been on the Peter Jennings Show should cause you to question it though. But hey, check the link below!!! I think you might be gettin a call from Kerry because of your past complaints on this board about WalMart. You better get with the program or research what the Kerrys own before blasting Amurica's darling.

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU FEB 26, 2004 20:35:09 ET XXXXX

HEINZ BLASTS WAL-MART; OWNS $1 MILLION IN STOCK, PURCHASED BULK IN '02

Teresa Heinz Kerry blasted WAL-MART last week week -- but an investigation reveals she has over $1,000,000 in WAL-MART stock, and purchased a ton of it throughout 2002!

MORE

"Another thing that drives me crazy, and I hope I don't offend anyone here, is WAL-MART," Mrs. Kerry told a group of Democratic women activists at a luncheon in St. Paul last Tuesday. "They destroy communities."

Teresa Heinz Reality:

H.J. Heinz III Marital Trust

Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Assets: Over $1,000,000
Dividends, Income: $2,501 - $5,000
Transactions:

04/04/02: Purchase: $500,001 - $1,000,000
04/05/02: Purchase: $500,001 - $1,000,000
06/04/02: Purchase: $15,001 - $50,000
06/06/02: Purchase: $50,001 - $100,000
11/13/02: Purchase: $50,001 - $100,000

xx

http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjk9.htm

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,433 Posts
In fairness to Mrs Kerry

I understand that her investments are managed -not by her - but by professional investors who make all of the buy/sell decisions. From personal experience with the big money types, I would guess that she never looks at what she is invested in just what the returns have been. Where she dropped the ball is that she did not check her portfolio before opening her big mouth.

Besides, Mrs. Kerry is a lifelong Republican who only switched parties recently to help her hubby's bid for the Whitehouse. Does the word "turncoat" mean anything to her??

On the topic of the Florida voter thing...since its' never been on the news, not in print, not with Dan Rather, not even a blip...doesn't lend a lot of credibility to the rap video that I watched. If the situation was that cut and dried, the democrats would have been screaming foul. Give the system some credit for policing itself. The courts - no matter how republican they may or may not be - would never let the state eliminate voters in such a manner.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
i saw that...

and he howls about "shipping" jobs overseas. i wonder if he can eat out of both sides of his face too. now just for fun.....THIS JUST IN

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX FRI FEB 27, 2004 09:39:45 ET XXXXX

NUMBER ONE: KERRY RANKED 'MOST LIBERAL' IN SENATE ROLL CALL VOTES, TOPS KENNEDY, CLINTON

NATIONAL JOURNAL on Friday claimed Democrat frontrunner John Kerry has the "most liberal" voting record in the Senate.

The results of Senate vote ratings show that Kerry was the most liberal senator in 2003, with a composite liberal score of 96.5 -- far ahead of such Democrat stalwarts as Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton.

NATIONAL JOURNAL's scores, which have been compiled each year since 1981, are based on lawmakers' votes in three areas: economic policy, social policy, and foreign policy.

"To be sure, Kerry's ranking as the No. 1 Senate liberal in 2003 -- and his earning of similar honors three times during his first term, from 1985 to 1990 -- will probably have opposition researchers licking their chops," NATIONAL JOURNAL reports.

Developing...

[The ratings system was first devised in 1981 under the direction of William Schneider, a political analyst and commentator at CNN, and a contributing editor to National Journal, who continues to guide the calculation process. Data processing and statistical analysis were performed by Information Technology Services of the Brookings Institution. A panel of National Journal editors and reporters initially compiled a list of 140 key congressional roll-call votes for 2003 -- 63 votes for the Senate and 77 for the House -- and classified them as relating to economic, social, or foreign policy. Roll-call data was drawn from the Congressional Record.]

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's more credible than you might think

PaulCL said:
On the topic of the Florida voter thing...since its' never been on the news, not in print, not with Dan Rather, not even a blip...doesn't lend a lot of credibility to the rap video that I watched. If the situation was that cut and dried, the democrats would have been screaming foul. Give the system some credit for policing itself. The courts - no matter how republican they may or may not be - would never let the state eliminate voters in such a manner.

I heard about this long ago - but just saw this "video" today. If you do a google on Greg Palast and Florida, you will find links to other stories, some of which made the major media. The conspiracy theory involved has never been proven - but not even fully investigated or tested......so much for the "liberal" media. On would think that even Republicans would be concerned if these allegations were true....but if their guys wins....I guess not.

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
She could give the managers ...

a list of companies she doesn't want the money invested in or certain types of business that she feels implement policies that are contrary to her sociopolitical proclivities. Either that or she just wants max return :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Has Drudge Admitted His Past Lies About Kerry?

Since you quote Drudge, I must ask:

Has Drudge apologized to Kerry regarding his false report about the intern two weeks ago? Several days ago I looked on his site for follow-up or retraction of the story - but found nothing. Apparently, the woman Drudge accused had dated one of Kerry's staffers - NOT Kerry. And the reason that the major media had investigated but not published anything - was that the story was UNTRUE, not because they have a liberal bias. So DRUDGE was wrong. Did he admit this or offer an apology?

And if he didn't......I'm sure you would agree that Drudge has no credibility. So you might want to consider waiting until his stories are backed by other sources before quoting them.....

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
drudge is the only one who has ever got a story wrong? nbc, cbs , abc, never missed one? open your eyes.

do you say the major networks are not credible if they flub one? drudge is right way way more than wrong, like everybody else. the advantage is the majors and mainstream hate him because he is quicker and is stealing viewers as a source of news.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A correction/apology is warranted

bill105 said:
drudge is the only one who has ever got a story wrong? nbc, cbs , abc, never missed one? open your eyes.

do you say the major networks are not credible if they flub one? drudge is right way way more than wrong, like everybody else. the advantage is the majors and mainstream hate him because he is quicker and is stealing viewers as a source of news.

I never said that Drudge is the only one who screws up. But most media will offer a correction or apology when they do so, particularly with a vicious attack on a personal matter such as what Drudge did. A failure to do so hurts credibility.

Do you get it now?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
he doesnt owe you anyting. dont read him if you dont like it. he had 2,147,479,985 visits to his web site in the last year. i doubt he calls you if you dont come back.

·
Registered
66 Posts
He owes YOU, not me!

bill105 said:
he doesnt owe you anyting. dont read him if you dont like it. he had 2,147,479,985 visits to his web site in the last year. i doubt he calls you if you dont come back.

WOW, you really can't admit any flaws with your "heroes" like Drudge! It's funny!

I know better than to take a source like Drudge as the be-all, end-all guide to what's happening in the world. The correction/apology is warranted for his loyal readers - that's what people with integrity do. They admit mistakes.

But I guess I shouldn't expect a conservative to have any understanding of ethics or integrity.

Bye!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
why do i have to spell things out for you every time you respond to a post?

i dont think he owes anyone anything. its an internet news site like thousands of others. dont read it if you dont want to. he isnt going to care.

who said anything about hero? i guess thats your way of trying to creatively add to the
discussion or imply something for conversations sake but its just not applicable here.

yeah, i guess youre a real moderate. a thinker. an independent. you stoically stay above the fray evaluating all possible sources of information, carefully selecting sources of which you have researched for purity while keeping an open minded approach so as not to seem biased or opinionated. because youre a selective individual, not influenced by news of the day or any breaking stories. youre theory rests in logic and understanding. nothing can be black and white, always that shade of gray.

then you wait till the last minute and jump on the libby cart. LOL!. rush would be proud.

·
Banned
301 Posts
Rush would be proud?? Of YOU??? LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!

bill105 said:
. LOL!. rush would be proud.
You've never posted anything that Rush would polish his tailpipe with, gluefreakboy! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! Good stuff!!!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
if anyone knows anything about "tailpipes" its you.

btw, i see youre here so that must mean no clients willing to pay for your crap advice.

i guess they found out talking to their dog provides the same benefit as talking to you.

·
Banned
301 Posts
Tell us, Beavis, what do YOU do for a living?

This should be interesting.

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
Denial does not make it false

end of message :D

cholla said:
Since you quote Drudge, I must ask:

Has Drudge apologized to Kerry regarding his false report about the intern two weeks ago? Several days ago I looked on his site for follow-up or retraction of the story - but found nothing. Apparently, the woman Drudge accused had dated one of Kerry's staffers - NOT Kerry. And the reason that the major media had investigated but not published anything - was that the story was UNTRUE, not because they have a liberal bias. So DRUDGE was wrong. Did he admit this or offer an apology?

And if he didn't......I'm sure you would agree that Drudge has no credibility. So you might want to consider waiting until his stories are backed by other sources before quoting them.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.