Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, I just won a set of NOS Clement Griffos off of ebay, great right?

Not, really, as I did the assinine thing of bidding without reading the full description (hey, I bid really low and thought that i would not win). See the problem is that instead of being the regular width of most cross tires (you know, 30-34mm), these sucks are more in the range of 23mm.

(Insert my own comments about my stupidity here)

Anyway, anyone ever run cross tires this thin before?

I figure that they should be really fast for some of the courses that we have around here in the Ohio valley at the end of summer when the ground is as hard a cement, but could kind of suck for mud or when tryig to ride through some of the sand pits that they throw at us.

But what the h#ll do I know, as I am the idiot who didn't read the description correctly.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
Urin idjuct. Just sayin.

·
Registered
269 Posts
You have the original Grifo

When Clement was in business (before Challenge bought the name) there were two cyclocross tubulars. The Grifo was the 27c (it was a fairly small 27c) and the Largo was the larger casing, probably around a 31c. These were popular sizes back then. The tread pattern hasn't really changed until Challenge put an extra row of dots on the outside of the tread. I don't know why they chose the Grifo name and not the Largo, but there you go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.