Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
RCnute, what you said about the Surly Nice Rack being heavy . . . Well, you're right. It's heavy. Really heavy. Like, anvil heavy. I have one, and I like it. It's solid. But heavy.

For commuting I just carry an Arkel tail rider (that sounds rude) and I do not need the ability to carry heavy panniers, so I switched out to a little Nitto rack for commute duty. Love the Nitto, but it's expensive. Really expensive . . . .

·
Registered
40 Posts

I've recently set up the same bike. Tubus Logo rack ( Strong and lighter than the Surly) with Axiom Lasalle panniers. I plan on doing some overnights/weekends set up like this until I drop the $ for a front rack (probably the Tubus Ergo) and more panniers.

Love it love it love it.

Did I mention I like the bike?

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
bignose said:
The LHT is a great everything bike. For fun, sometime put big knobby mtn bike tires on it and take it off road, its like mountain biking 30 years ago. You'll feel like a kid again.

Do tell, how big a tire will fit on that thing? I'm assuming those are 26" wheels...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Adventure Cycling...

very nice! have been considering a LHT myself. FWIW have done three Adventure Cycling tours over the last 20+ years, the first two leaders were excellent but on my last tour in 2007 the leader was astoundingly lazy, arrogant and incompetent...won't bore you with the details, but things were bad enough that several riders bailed along the way including myself and I rode the last few hundred miles home alone. Also learned that this guy ran leadership training classes for AC which is really scary. Anyway, hopefully AC has improved since then but thought I'd relate my bad experience just in case...

·
Kilt wearing, old man
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Bike arrived at the LBS today. In the morning, we will start fitting it. They still have some work to do, but they already know not to cut the steerer yet. And they haven't wrapped the bars since we don't have the brakes set where they are comfortable for me.

What the heck, here's a snapshot of the bike.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
PomPilot said:
Bike arrived at the LBS today. In the morning, we will start fitting it. They still have some work to do, but they already know not to cut the steerer yet. And they haven't wrapped the bars since we don't have the brakes set where they are comfortable for me.

What the heck, here's a snapshot of the bike.
I just freeze every time you see through me
And it's all over you, electric blue.
On my knees, help me baby,
Tell me, what can I do, electric blue.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.