Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Oops. I did it. LHT inbound

7K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  PomPilot 
#1 ·
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my new touring bike. For the past year and a half, I've been thinking about I want in a properly fit touring bike. Today, I had my LBS order me a Surly Long Haul Trucker (complete), 58cm frame in the Blue Velvet paint job. I'm not enamored with the size of handlebars the spec sheet says this bike comes with (the Surly site says 44cm handlebars). But I'll try it out before swapping for something in a 46cm (thinking Salsa Moto-Ace Bell Lap-style).

I knew I'd place the order today as I ordered my Lounge and Team Collin stickers for it yesterday.:D

The LBS usually places their orders on Tuesdays, so my LHT should be here in a week or so. Now all I have to do is wait.:mad2: That, and sign up for the Adventure Cycling Association ride that I want to take in August.:thumbsup:

#28 ·
Adventure Cycling...

very nice! have been considering a LHT myself. FWIW have done three Adventure Cycling tours over the last 20+ years, the first two leaders were excellent but on my last tour in 2007 the leader was astoundingly lazy, arrogant and incompetent...won't bore you with the details, but things were bad enough that several riders bailed along the way including myself and I rode the last few hundred miles home alone. Also learned that this guy ran leadership training classes for AC which is really scary. Anyway, hopefully AC has improved since then but thought I'd relate my bad experience just in case...

#29 ·
Bike arrived at the LBS today. In the morning, we will start fitting it. They still have some work to do, but they already know not to cut the steerer yet. And they haven't wrapped the bars since we don't have the brakes set where they are comfortable for me.

What the heck, here's a snapshot of the bike.

#30 ·
PomPilot said:
Bike arrived at the LBS today. In the morning, we will start fitting it. They still have some work to do, but they already know not to cut the steerer yet. And they haven't wrapped the bars since we don't have the brakes set where they are comfortable for me.

What the heck, here's a snapshot of the bike.
I just freeze every time you see through me
And it's all over you, electric blue.
On my knees, help me baby,
Tell me, what can I do, electric blue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.