Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
Joined
·
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yikes.........

How would you like to get that letter.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Youre-Out-Youre-In-No-Youre-Out.html?yhp=1

Oops! UCSD Sends Acceptance E-mail to Wrong List University Fails Basic Math, Gives Rejectees Hope

UC San Diego -- a school for the smart ones, supposedly -- mistakenly congratulated nearly 29,000 applicants on their acceptance, according to university officials.

Earlier this month, about 17,000 student were offered admission for the fall, leaving nearly 29,000 hopefuls out in the cold.
But on Tuesday, the school's communications office said an e-mail was sent Monday afternoon to all 46,377 students who applied for admission -- including the 29,000 rejects -- welcoming them to the campus.
A half-hour later, school officials said, they realized their mistake. Almost two hours after the first note went out, a second e-mail was sent, apologizing to 28,889 freshmen applicants for the mistake.
 

·
Bacon!
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
I can't imagine how many crying kids are out there right now (or angry parents).

Geesh.
 

·
Lemur-ing
Joined
·
18,987 Posts
I wonder how many would end up burning the campus down and saying "April Fools!"
 

·
Back from the dead
Joined
·
20,626 Posts
Ridgetop said:
I can't imagine how many crying kids are out there right now (or angry parents).

Geesh.
If their mailboxes are sorted by sent date, which is standard, most of them probably read the accurate email first, so I doubt there was much crying. The difference was only 30 minutes, so in most cases, the mistake was corrected before they even knew about it.
 

·
Bikespace member
Joined
·
4,445 Posts
that would suck. especially if it was your first choice of school.
 

·
Kilt wearing, old man
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
moschika said:
that would suck. especially if it was your first choice of school.
There's always Faber College.:eek: Or even Walden College.:mad2:
 

·
Stumpcake!
Joined
·
5,950 Posts
I love the quote at the end of the clip...Probably one of my all time favorites and kinda, sorta applies. :D


 

·
Who needs a map?
Joined
·
2,527 Posts
I was so hoping that was an april fool's joke. That's just sad.
 

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
Joined
·
27,036 Posts
mohair_chair said:
If their mailboxes are sorted by sent date, which is standard, most of them probably read the accurate email first, so I doubt there was much crying. The difference was only 30 minutes, so in most cases, the mistake was corrected before they even knew about it.
According to the L.A. Times the difference was a couple hours.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top