Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fello Orbea owners. I am having a 48cm Opal built up and I was at the bike shop today to check out the progress of the build. One of the techs told me that because of the tight triangle (especially in my size) I could probably on get a standard water bottle into the cages. Large bottles would not fit.

Would someone be kind enough to post pictures of their Orbea's in a size 48 to show what type of cages they have and if you have the same issue? I curenlty ride a 49cm LItespeed Tuscany and I can use a standard or large bottle.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
5 Posts
Sorry no pictures.............yet. I ride a 48 cm Orca. Using 2 Look Carbon bottle cages and standard size bottles. No issues.

Cheers.

Edster said:
Hello fello Orbea owners. I am having a 48cm Opal built up and I was at the bike shop today to check out the progress of the build. One of the techs told me that because of the tight triangle (especially in my size) I could probably on get a standard water bottle into the cages. Large bottles would not fit.

Would someone be kind enough to post pictures of their Orbea's in a size 48 to show what type of cages they have and if you have the same issue? I curenlty ride a 49cm LItespeed Tuscany and I can use a standard or large bottle.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
54 Posts
Edster said:

Thanks in advance.
My wife rides a 48 opal with no problems on water bottles except the big polar and 20oz bottles.

· Registered
518 Posts
I kind of have the same problem with my size 51cm Opal, I've lost "real state". I can at least fit a large bottle on the the slopping tube, on the seat tube only a standard bottle fits :(
I could put a large one there too, but it takes fiddling and effort so I rather not.
Corsaire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.