Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a code posted by Abu for 20% one item at PBS. Code is 450. It would not apply the discount online so I called them. One operator couldn't help, so I called back to get another operator. She connected me to customer service. The wheelset I was going to buy was $259 but I told the CS person the item # CB1499 and she said it was also listed at $199 on her screen for the same item. I then gave her the code and it brought the total down to $179ish. I had to ask for standard shipping (team 2 day shipping comes up automatically at $55). Standard shipping was $33, which sounds fair. So if you want a wheelset, these are pretty good. Ultegra hubs and skewers.

·
Wheel Builder
137 Posts
gthcarolina said:
I saw a code posted by Abu for 20% one item at PBS. Code is 450. It would not apply the discount online so I called them. One operator couldn't help, so I called back to get another operator. She connected me to customer service. The wheelset I was going to buy was $259 but I told the CS person the item # CB1499 and she said it was also listed at $199 on her screen for the same item. I then gave her the code and it brought the total down to $179ish. I had to ask for standard shipping (team 2 day shipping comes up automatically at $55). Standard shipping was $33, which sounds fair. So if you want a wheelset, these are pretty good. Ultegra hubs and skewers.
Yeah, I saw those, (if we're both thinking of the same wheels). It looks like PB bought or has a lot of old stock of Ultegra 6500 hubs, which were discontinued late in '05, if I'm not mistaken. They've probably been sitting on a bunch of old inventory and are trying to dump it.

But it's not like Ultegra hubs go bad, so good job...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.