I am 185Lbs ride the local bike paths and the S.Cal Coast:

I am not a racer and not interested in racing:

I just like to get a good work out:

Thanks for the help,

GCA

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
To be honest, I like the DT RR 1.1 better than the other two. The extra grams they weigh won't be a concern for your application and the overall quality is better on them. They are more round out of the box, don't have as many imperfections and aren't know to have any issues down the road either. They did when they were with single eyelets so simply get the double eyelet versions.

-Eric

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ergott said:
To be honest, I like the DT RR 1.1 better than the other two. The extra grams they weigh won't be a concern for your application and the overall quality is better on them. They are more round out of the box, don't have as many imperfections and aren't know to have any issues down the road either. They did when they were with single eyelets so simply get the double eyelet versions.

-Eric
Eric,

Would you know the differences between the DT RR 1.1 W/DA Hubs and the
Neuvation R28 SL4 everybody is talking about?.

Thanks for your help,

GCA

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ergott said:
I can vouch for the DA/1.1 as being an excellent choice. I have no experience with the Neuvations other than what I read here.

-Eric
Eric,

Would I notice the difference between Ultegra or DuraAce Hubs/DT RR 1.1 Rims...

My present wheels are Alex AKX R1.0. Which came stock on my Fuji Team Carbon Road Bike.

Thanks for your input,

GCA

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
GCA said:
Eric,

Would I notice the difference between Ultegra or DuraAce Hubs/DT RR 1.1 Rims...

My present wheels are Alex AKX R1.0. Which came stock on my Fuji Team Carbon Road Bike.

Thanks for your input,

GCA

"feel" is a funny perception. I can't tell you for sure you would notice the difference. I don't know much about the current wheels you have. The website give little information. Your wheels are in the mid 1900g range, that's all I know.

It would help more if we know what you want to get out of the wheels. Trust me, the urge to upgrade perfectly good components is incredible. Are you having issues with your current wheels?

-Eric

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ergott said:
"feel" is a funny perception. I can't tell you for sure you would notice the difference. I don't know much about the current wheels you have. The website give little information. Your wheels are in the mid 1900g range, that's all I know.

It would help more if we know what you want to get out of the wheels. Trust me, the urge to upgrade perfectly good components is incredible. Are you having issues with your current wheels?

-Eric
Eric,

No I am not having issues. But everybody I talk to say's the best upgrade I could make would be a Wheel upgrade...

GCA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.