Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting my 'guru' fitment done tomorrow, but I have been searching all over the planet at potential rides.

Came across this closeout ride at a steeply discounted price, MSRP $2999 and it is listed for $1799. Component wise seems stellar.
I see virtually no talk of Fuji on here, so is there a compelling reason or is it just not the mainstream bike? I am fine with non-mainstream as I always seem to pick the underdog in everything I do.

Here are the specs:
<dt>bottom bracket:Shimano Press-Fit</dt><dt>brakes:Oval 500, dual-pivot</dt><dt>cassette:Shimano 5700, 11/25T</dt><dt>chain:KMC 10-speed</dt><dt>crankset:FSA Gossamer 50/34</dt><dt>fork:FC-330 carbon monocoque w/ tapered carbon steerer & carbon dropout</dt><dt>frame:C5 high-modulus carbon, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, internal cable routing, oversized PIIS BB86 shell, double water bottle mounts, C5 high-modulus carbon thin seatstays, oversized ETC chainstays</dt><dt>front derailleur:Shimano Ultegra, Braze-On</dt><dt>grips/tape: Fuji Suede</dt><dt>handlebar: Oval 710 Alloy</dt><dt>headset:FSA integrated 1 1/8"</dt><dt>levers:Shimano Ultegra</dt><dt>pedals:None</dt><dt>rack mounts: No</dt><dt>rear derailleur: Shimano Ultegra</dt><dt>saddle: Selle Italia X1, FeC Alloy rails</dt><dt>seatpost: Oval 700</dt><dt>shifters: Shimano Ultegra</dt><dt>stem: Oval 713</dt><dt>tires: Hutchinson Equinox, Clincher, 700x23</dt><dt>wheelset: Oval 327, Clincher

Other then the 23mm tires, which I would change to 25mm and maybe like to get a 12-28 gear, seems impressive.
Also not too familiar with Oval components. Pros and cons?
</dt>

·
Registered
829 Posts
The 2.0 is a nice deal, high end carbon, Ultegra for $1800 or the 3.0 with 105 for $300 less. Oval is Fuji's parts brand, like Trek and Bontrager. Oval parts tend to be heavy, but well made and sturdy. I have a set of Oval 330 wheels, almost 2200g but the climbs and accelerates better then lighter bike and those with lighter wheels.

Fuji makes a good bike, if it fits you well, you can't really go wrong. Also, if there is a Performance bike store near you you get 10% back in store credit, plus they run 20% sales sometimes

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I like my (much lesser) Fuji road bike.

I don't want to sound cynical.... but realistically there are only so many factories that make most of the worlds upper-end bicycle frames and parts. I think Fuji's are well designed and properly engineered... at least mine seems to be.

For me... what matters most is 1st fit and feel, and 2nd looks. I had to change the saddle and stem extension on my Fuji. And I really like the paint job/scheme.

My Fuji fit within my budget. But it also called to me (in some unexplainable way). I think the right bikes always sort of call to their buyers. But... then maybe not.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
FUJI is the 'bizness! Nice bikes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts