Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2011 Izalco Team Replica. You guys have any opinions or experience on focus road bikes?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

·
fu
2,424 Posts
What do you want to know? If you like the bike and it fits you, keep riding it.

FWIW, once in 2014 I rode with the owner of a bike shop in Nappa CA who was on an Izalco (2013 or 2014) equipped with Campy EPS. He said it was the best bike he'd ever ridden and he had ridden quite a few bikes. I was on a Pinarello Dogma (rented at his shop) that day. He said he definitely liked the Focus better than the Dogma but that's just one man's opinion.

The closest I personally ever came to a Focus was when I got hit by a Ford Focus while riding my Cannondale bike back in 2010 and then the bastard took off from the scene. ;)

·
Registered
760 Posts
I have the 2011 Izalco Team Replica. You guys have any opinions or experience on focus road bikes?

Not many Focus owners here. It will be faster gathering information if you check out the existing Focus threads in the "Other Builders" forum.

FWIW, I'm still happy with my '11 Izalco frame...don't like the design of the newer generation. I swapped the stock Force group with Chorus, and wheels for custom Belgium/T-11.

·
Registered
553 Posts
My wife has a 2015 Izalco with all Dura Ace and she loves it. It amazes me every time I pick it up. It's in the upper 13 lb range with her race wheels and 14's with stock wheels. I think it looks good too. I have ridden it around the block but I can't tell much about it as it is like a 48 cm and I ride a 56...lol...

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
My wife has a 2015 Izalco with all Dura Ace and she loves it. It amazes me every time I pick it up. It's in the upper 13 lb range with her race wheels and 14's with stock wheels. I think it looks good too. I have ridden it around the block but I can't tell much about it as it is like a 48 cm and I ride a 56...lol...
Granted, that's a small frame but even still that's an incredible weight! It's been durable?? Very impressive!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had two Izalco Ergoride frames crack on me. My LBS dropped the Focus brand in part as a result of dealing with them trying to get warranty service for me.

·
BikerFox Wannabe
696 Posts
I considered my 2011 Izalco Team with custom Campy Record 10 build the best bike I'd ever ridden. Until I built up my 2012 Izalco Pro with Campy Record EPS v3; simply an outstanding ride in every way. I also had a Record 10 equipped 2013 Cayo that was a fine ride. But I prefer the Izalcos. And I've ridden a lot of bikes as I was a shop mechanic for 10 years.

·
Witty custom user title
552 Posts
Are you looking to replace your Team replica (not sure what this is referring to), with an actual Focus Team? I have had one for a few years now and it's about as butter as you can get - I'm actually selling mine to go custom steel, but if you're interested in knowing more about it, feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you looking to replace your Team replica (not sure what this is referring to), with an actual Focus Team? I have had one for a few years now and it's about as butter as you can get - I'm actually selling mine to go custom steel, but if you're interested in knowing more about it, feel free to PM me.
Not looking to replace, just seeing what other people think about them. I ride an xxxl(62) frame so if you have one then I'd be interested

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've gone thru dozens of high end carbon frames in search of weight weenie nirvana but I always end up returning to my $1500 preowned 2012 Izalco pro. It's the best handling bike I've ever ridden. Looks great too - just love the white frame with blue & black accents

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
I've had one ride on an Izalco (La Toussuire to Col de la Croix de Fer and back) and one on an Izalco Max (La Toussuire to Col du Chaussy via Lacets du Monvernier). Both were rigged with top notch Campag groups and wheels by Focus and AG2R mechanics, and set up to my supplied measurements.

The Izalco Max is the best alpine descending bike I've ever ridden. The older Izalco I found rather bland, and harsh riding.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've been riding a 2012 Izalco since 2013. It's a great bike, climbs well and has a very smooth ride. I suspect that lots of decent carbon-frame bikes are like that but I've been extremely happy with the Focus.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts