Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i'm new to this board but have frequented the MTBR board for years. i'm new to road biking and i have a few questions on a couple bikes. i've been looking at the 2004 giant tcr2 composite, i love the look of the bike and on a very short parking lot ride it fit and felt great. unfotunately i can't take it out the lot so i have no real world experience on it, so now i'm turning to you for info/advice. the other bike i've been eyeing is the cannondale r1000, it's a couple hundred dollar cheeper and looks great i fit the bike good and tested it (parking lot) i also like the ride. let me describe what i plan on doing with these bikes. i'm no racer, i ride for fun and fitness, i do have friends that ride fast and i do plan on riding with then occasionally, i ride mostly flat paved roads, i'm planning on doing up to 50 mile rides and everything in between, comfort is somewhat important, i'm 5-9 180 pounds shorter legs longer on top. thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
What bike/frame to buy

blurry said:
hey everyone i'm new to this board but have frequented the MTBR board for years. i'm new to road biking and i have a few questions on a couple bikes. i've been looking at the 2004 giant tcr2 composite, i love the look of the bike and on a very short parking lot ride it fit and felt great. unfotunately i can't take it out the lot so i have no real world experience on it, so now i'm turning to you for info/advice. the other bike i've been eyeing is the cannondale r1000, it's a couple hundred dollar cheeper and looks great i fit the bike good and tested it (parking lot) i also like the ride. let me describe what i plan on doing with these bikes. i'm no racer, i ride for fun and fitness, i do have friends that ride fast and i do plan on riding with then occasionally, i ride mostly flat paved roads, i'm planning on doing up to 50 mile rides and everything in between, comfort is somewhat important, i'm 5-9 180 pounds shorter legs longer on top. thanks
I was in the same position as you, just started road riding again after a long layoff and didn't know which CF frame to go with. Looked at the Giant and was really impressed, this bike has had a lot of good reviews and I was ready to take the plunge until I went to a local higher end bike shop and saw the new Kuota CF frames. From what I understand, a lot of CF frames are made from the same manufacturer in the far east. However, after having talked to a few guys who own the Kuota, they had nothing but excellent thinks to say about the bike (extremely fast and comfortable) I took the plunge and bought the Kuota. Being the new kid on the block, I think Kuota is offering more bang for your buck. You,ve got to see this frame, the carbon quality and finish is top end, better than Giant to me, it will blow you away. I chose to go with Campy gruppo with the new gun metal finish, unbelievable!!!! Check it out at www.kuota.com and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts